Katelyn Anderson

Damon's POV

Stefan just came back from his hunt and was now chatting up with Lexi downstairs and I was going through my grimoires hoping to find anything that can help us get rid of Silas. his disappearance was creeping me out because no one knew when he's coming back or what revenge he was preparing all we knew is that he lost it and started killing innocent people for no clear reason.

I was doing my best to hide how much the entire situation was worrying me but I was always anxious lately waiting for the devil's next move. For some reason I couldn't help but feel that this was the calm before the storm and that something terrible will happen soon.

Sighing I put the the grimoire down and got up to grab a blood bag from the cooler in the basement but the moment I took a step down the stairs I was bombarded with flashes of images that scared the shit out of me, Bonnie was scared and Sheila was screaming in pain and Bonnie was looking at me in a mixture of hatred and fear with tears running down her face & suddenly everything just went black and I felt slight pain all over my body.

I woke up to a frowning Stefan and a concerned Lexi hovering above me as I lay there on the couch only to realize that I must have lost my balance and fell down the stairs unconscious. Stefan pulled me into a seating position & sat next to me on the right while Lexi sat on the left "What the hell happened Damon?" asked Stefan in a concerned voice but I couldn't answer straight away as I felt groggy and my head was swimming with all the scenarios that this vision I had could mean. 

Shaking my head I took a deep breath and then stood up grabbing my keys off the entryway console heading to the door, I had to see Sheila whatever the hell that vision meant it wasn't good. Stefan followed me & snatched the car keys out of my hands and instead of arguing with me not to go out like I expected him to he went out to the car and got into the driver's side in a silent offer of driving me wherever I wanted to go.

Getting into the passenger I asked him to go the Bennett's house and he started driving "Was it a vision?" asked Stefan less than a minute after he started driving "Yeah and it was really bad Stef"  I said answering his curious question but knowing my little brother  he wasn't just gonna take this simple answer and shut up so it was of no surprise when he started asking more questions a few seconds later.

"What was it about?" he asked glancing at me before looking back to the road "Silas, Sheila and Bonnie... I don't know what he's gonna do or what happened or what will happen, all I know is that I need to be there for the Bennett's because right now they need me, I can feel it" I said in a strained voice and he sighed and focused on driving faster as he sensed my urgency.

Once we arrived there I rushed to the house and the door was left open so I ran inside with dread in my heart coming to a halt at the living room when I saw Sheila sprawled on the floor with a weeping Bonnie next to her holding her hand and crying silently. Kneeling beside them I noticed  a snake shaped sign on Sheila's arm and my mind was reeling to figure where I saw this sign before. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks, Sheila was marked with a life consuming hex.

This was an ancient Bulgarian hex called the Vipera, it was known for its deadly effect & the name was taken after the lethal Vipera ammodytes snakes in Bulgaria. I felt my dead heart leap into my throat as I took Sheila's arm from Bonnie willing myself to think of any counter spell that could rid us of the hex without threatening Sheila's life in the process.

Bonnie's voice broke me out of my thoughts "It's Silas, he said he's gonna kill everyone you care about Damon and make you watch them all fall one by one until you're left all alone just like him.... He's crazy Damon ... He said we're all gonna suffer at his hands and die a slow painful death... She must be in pain Damon and I couldn't lift the hex no matter how hard I tried, I'm not strong enough" She said between sobs holding my hand and pleading me with her eyes to help her grandmother.