The Hunter

It's been four months since the sacrifice, Klaus has been creating hybrids like him all over Mystic Falls after making a deal with Elena to get a blood donation from her once a month. Mason and Tyler were now hybrids, Caroline was doing her best to be in control of her vampirism to make Damon proud, Bonnie was practising more to help her grandmother figure a spell to wake up Damon, Jenna was now aware of the supernatural world, Liz found out about Caroline being a Vampire and was dealing with it the only way she knew how which meant avoiding her daughter almost all the time. 

Elena was always at the boarding house, always checking on Damon and changing his IVs. She was feeling guilty and she apologised a lot for being the reason of Damon's coma & I assured her he's gonna be fine. 

A couple of days ago a new hunter came to town right after the council member passed away in a weird explosion. This weird guy shot Tyler Lockwood and then took Jeremy and Matt hostages in the grill and right now we're trying to get them out. Elena;s begging him to let her brother go but it's not working. One moment she was begging him for her brother's life and the next a gun shot is heard and we all rush into the grill from the back storage room. 

Alraic shot the guy with a lot of tranquillizers giving us enough time to get them all out.... I picked Elena up while Caroline took Matt and Enzo took Jeremy. I laid Elena on the ground in the forest near the grill and she had a big wound in her stomach so I bit into my wrist and pressed it to her lips to heal her but she wasn't drinking. To my surprise the wound started healing on its own which meant that the linking spell she had with Damon is doing its job just fine. 

I was glad she was healing but at the same time I couldn't help but feel angry, this linking spell is the reason my brother is still in this stupid coma. I was deep in thought when Caroline screamed from Elena's side with tears on pouring down her face "Oh my god, oh my god, Stefan her heart is not beating, she's not breathing. What are we gonna do? You managed to get your blood in her system right? She was healing ! She's coming back, right?" She asked frantically but I was frozen. 

Elena was gone she's not coming back, I didn't manage to give her my blood "No Caroline she didn't drink my blood, that was the linking spell healing her" I couldn't utter another word after that and I felt like someone just sapped me with a wooden stake in the heart. I should be happy because my brother would wake up but the heartache of loosing Elena was too much.

We took Elena to the boarding house where everyone gathered for the sad news. Bonnie and Caroline were crying, Jeremy and Rick were sitting silently, Jenna fainted and I was staring at Elena's corpse with silent tears running down my face. Lexi came in and tried comforting me and Enzo stood close to the door looking nonchalant as ever when all of a sudden Elena shot up gasping for air shocking all of us. 

How did that happen?! I'm sure she didn't drink from me "Elena !! how are you...umm, how are you feeling?" I asked confused.. Was this the sacrifice take two or something ?!! How is she awake? She didn't answer my question though, she looked around her then at the ceiling and she pushed me aside and went up to Damon's room and we all followed her in confusion. 

She kneeled beside the bed and held his hand "You know I won't be able to do this without your help, right?" She asked and we were more confused now than ever. She was speaking as if he was gonna respond to her, it was like she was in the middle of a conversation with him but we all knew that Damon was irresponsive so why was she speaking to him like that!! 

She tugged at his hand and kept talking "We need to figure out this hunter problem Damon... He's more dangerous than you thought. We got Jer and Matt back but the guy is a threat, Bonnie and Grams are not strong enough and I'm not underestimating them you know how much faith I have in them" She said and we were exchanging looks scared that she might be having a mental break down or something.