What Happened Behind Those Bars

Once they stepped in Klaus started talking furiously "How dare you Damon? You know I wanted to be there when you break the bloody curse. Why the hell did you go without us?!" He asked fumingly while Kol glared at me, Elijah looked irritated which meant he's trying to keep his cool so badly and Rebekah looked furious which was a bad sign. Looking again at Stefan I saw him smiling discreetly & that was all I needed to be sure he's been really jealous of the Mikaelsons and being with me when I broke the curse while they weren't made him feel special. 

I was deep in thought about the whole jealousy thing that Stefan had when Elijah interrupted my train of thoughts "You should've told us Damon. We already knew the date yet we had no idea where you'd break it. We searched every inch of Mystic Falls for you" He said raising his voice a little & I felt guilty for not telling them. "I really didn't mean to worry you guys. It's just i was so excited and I guess I just forgot" I tried to dissipate the tension but Rebekah didn't buy it one bit and she looked like she could strangle me so I changed the subject quickly.

"I should've called you earlier though, somebody was killed" I said and they looked confused so I had to delve into more details "wait let me rephrase that, somebody was drained to death close to the Mystic grill. Does that mean you're getting sloppy?" I asked and Klaus looked offended and I couldn't help smirking at him "Seriously mate I didn't know you think that little of us" Klaus said pretending being hurt and I shook my head at his antics.

"Well I just needed to make sure. Because if it's not any of you that means we've got company" I said seriously and at that moment Sheila came in to stand next to me and greeted me by patting my shoulder "Don't you think this is a good opportunity to practice your magic Dee?" She asked playfully then whispered in my ear that she was going to go check on Bonnie and that if I needed anything she's a phone call away and before she went she said that the witches were sending their best regards then she left. 

Once  Sheila left we were joined by Enzo & Lexi in the parlor "So you finally broke it mate ?!" said Enzo casually gaining a glare from Klaus and Kol "Yep, finally" I said in a playful mood but then I remembered what I wanted to talk to him about ...

Once  Sheila left we were joined by Enzo & Lexi in the parlor "So you finally broke it mate ?!" said Enzo casually gaining a glare from Klaus and Kol "Yep, finally" I said in a playful mood but then I remembered what I wanted to talk to him about and my mood shifted in a blink "Enzo would you mind joining me for a walk?" I asked and he eyed me warily but still nodded his agreement "Yes sure, let's go" he said and followed me outside. We walked into the forest for almost 20 minutes until I was sure that no one was following us or eavesdropping.

We stopped under a shady tree and I turned to him "What is it Damon? You're worrying me mate" he said worriedly and I gathered my courage to talk "Do you remember project Zero Enzo?" I asked seriously and he nodded asking me with his eyes to keep talking  

I sighed then resumed talking "They started it on you before I joined the Augustine society and after you left they picked up where they stopped on me buddy" I said and his eyes were wide with fear and panic "What did they do to you Damon?" He asked in a shaky voice and I shook my head at him asking him not to panic but it didn't work "What happened Damon? Tell me... they can't have succeeded you're still you ... you're.. Yo" He stuttered and I interrupted him 

"They kept injecting me with something everyday for Twenty years Enzo it was like they injected me with boiling acid until they transformed my blood to a different type" I said flatly and by then he was a pacing mess "WHAT'S THAT EVEN SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" He yelled in frustration.

There was no way I could sugarcoat this because he's the only one that's going to understand so I blurted out the truth "It means that every now and then I have to feed on vampire blood otherwise I won't survive.. I" He cut me off almost shouting "What the hell do you mean you won't survive? You've been doing very well in the past couple of months.." and it was my turn to cut him off this time "That's because I could go on for almost 6 months without feeding on vampire blood and up to a week without a drop of human blood" I said harshly and he was giving me a bewildered look "WHAT?" he screamed and I sighed audibly.

I was becoming angry with his denial but I had to tell him everything "You heard me Enzo. They fucking trained my body to go on without vampire blood for almost 6 months and without human blood for a week" I said looking him dead in the eyes and he stared back with shock written all over his face.

He blinked a couple pf times and then spoke "So they had other vampires there ... or did they let you out to feed?... did they even tell you why they wanted project zero to work so badly?? ... Damon how.." He was asking so many questions and it was clear that he was on the verge of a panic attack or something so I cut him off before he had a nervous meltdown or fainted.

"Yes they had other vampires, however I have no idea where they keep them and I was never let out of that hell hole. They wanted this project to create a weapon against old and strong vampires because this virus or whatever the hell it is increases the strength of a normal vampire a hundred times and to explain how that really happened I'd need a whole week so let me just sum it up  to twenty years of thousands and thousands of painful injections" I said jokingly at the end but he was shell-shocked and was as still as a statue but eventually he asked in a determined look "How can I help you mate?" 

I smiled at his determined expression "I would be thankful if you kept it a secret & donated some of your blood form my personal usage every five months" I said shrugging and he eyed me suspiciously "Why didn't you tell the Mikaelsons Damon?" he asked seriously and I shrugged again "I didn't know how to tell them that. They wouldn't understand and I didn't want to tell them the story behind project zero, it's boring" I said indifferently and he sighed loudly "you should tell them Damon" he said seriously and I nodded "I know Enzo. But I can't tell them now... I just need to figure out if there's any way to  to cure that damn virus first. Maybe I can just get rid of it without dragging them into my mess" I said looking at the ground.

Enzo laid his hands on both my shoulders "Well, you could do that. However if you consider them your family & you trust them you should tell them and they'd understand, even Stefan would understand at that point Damon" he said encouragingly " Yeah, you're totally right. Thanks for listening Enzo" I said with a small smile and he smiled back "Anytime mate, and concerning the blood tell me when you need it and I'll get it packed for you" he said patting my back and I smiled again.

"Hmmm, by the end of this week I guess" I said while still calculating the full amount of time that I went on without any vamp blood "By the end of this week it is then" he said reassuringly, then we turned back towards the boarding house. 

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Hope you like this chapter.

Don't Forget to Vote and Comment. 😉😉

MennaMOmar ♥️ ♥️