Chapter 1 Finally awake

Nick opened his eyes. "How long have I been sleeping?" He tried to get up but he couldn't. Then he saw the pipes and several machines that were connected to him. He felt the pain in his shoulder again, so he just turned his head and looked around. He was in a typical hospital-room. A small table that had no real use at all, was standing in the right corner. A small flower was standing on the table. The windows were closed and the curtains were as well. He looked up and saw a small, red button, hanging above his bed. He knew what it was, so continued to push it until someone knocked at the door.

"Yeah?" Nick asked with a silentand raspy voice. Then a doctor opened the door and walked next to Nick's bed. "Good morning mister Wilde. How are we today?" the male zebra asked and smiled down at the red fox. "Well I don't actually know what the answer is doc. May I have some water please?" Nick answered and looked at the doctor. "Of course you can. Nurse Hootchie." the doctor shouted down the hallway. Then a black vixen in a white short nurse dress appeared in the doorway. "Yes sir?" she said and her voice was like sweet syrup in Nick's ears. "Would you mind bringing our poor officer some water?"

"I'd be delighted." the nurse answered quickly and left the room. The doctor then moved on to check some of the equipment. "Hey doc?" Nick said and the doctor replied immediately. "Yes Mister Wilde?" Nick looked back at the door and then continued. "Is this nurse always working here?" "Well actually not. She is your personal nurse actually. Her first name is Amanda since her surname sounds a bit weird. You're going to need her for a while." "Really? Why?" Nick asked with a surprised expression. "Well did you really think you can just stay here for a couple of days?" The doctor asked. "Then tell me how long I have to stay. I have to get the guy who brought me in this situation." Nick answered with an almost panicking voice. "Well your shoulder still needs some resting and rehabilitation time. That's like one to two weeks. Then you'll have to stay for two more weeks. In this time we will do the final diagnostics and you'll do a lot of exercise with your shoulder."The doctor replied with a deep and calm voice. Nick's face felt like it was melting. "I can't stay here for four weeks. I have to get back on duty." Nick said with a loud and more panicking voice.

"Mister Wilde, if you don't cooperate with me you will have to stay even longer. But if you do and do what I tell you to do, it will just be four weeks." Nick layed down, crossed his arms like a little kid and put on a very unhappy face. But then his face brightened up again, when the vixen entered the room. "Mister Wilde I have your glass of water here and also brought some bread." The vixen walked up to his bed and put the plate and the glass on the bedside table. Then she pushed some buttons on Nick's bed and he got lifted up. She then sat on the edge of the bed, put a straw in the glass and held it in front of Nick's face.

"Looks like I can leave you now Mister Wilde. You're in good hands." the Zebra doc said as he went out of Nick's room. After Nick took a couple of sips from the straw, the nurse put it back on the table. She looked at him and smiled. "Will that be all Mister Wilde?" Nick didn't answer. He felt the blush and his heart was almost punching through his chest. The nurse looked right into his eyes, and then she moved her head beside his and whispered. "Would you like me to help you with anything? And by the way, you are somewhat of an idol to all of our kind." Nick nodded and the nurse moved her head back and looked him right into his eyes.

"These eyes are even more beautiful than Judy's." He thought. "No what am I talking about? I can't cheat on my carrots. But still." He looked into the nurse's dark-grey eyes again. "Maybe no one will find out." "What exactly do you want me to help you with?" the nurse said in a seductive way and before Nick could even answer, she pressed her lips on his. His eyes widened quickly, but he didn't refuse the kiss. He even kissed her back.

They were kissing for a good while now and the nurse was about to open the upper buttons of her dress. When suddenly the door got slammed open and a very happy bunny jumped into the room. "Hey you dumb fox, I..." but her expression of happiness just changed into something else. It was pure sadness and anger. "Oh I got to get going now." the nurse said quickly and walked right past Judy, which just stood there with her mouth wide open. She then began to slowly walk towards Nick. "Carrots I know what you're thinking but it's not what it looks like." Nick tried to get up, but he couldn't escape from what was coming. She stopped right next to his bed and moved her head very closely to him. "Carrots please just try to understand..." But Judy slapped him right on his cheek, making him shut up.

The slap itself didn't hurt at all, but what it meant to Nick and Judy's relationship was the biggest pain. Nick just sat there in confusion and sadness and then small tears began to roll down Judy's cheek. When she realized it, she just ran out of the room and left Nick with nothing than his pain and anger about himself.