Chapter 18 The final confrontation

Nick had gone to his flat again and now, he was waiting in front of Glaz's house. He was dressed perfectly. He wore a smoking, white shirt, a special bulletproof vest under the jacket, black pants and a black bow-tie. He was also wearing his shoulder-holster, where he had put his very personal gun. It was one of his best-hidden secrets, which was a black Walther PPK  9mm. He also had a shocker at his back, stuck in his waistband. He was waiting for Glaz, who was dressing up as well. The door finally opened and Glaz stepped outside of his house. He wore pretty much the same thing as Nick. Except for his bow-tie, Glaz was wearing a blood-red tie. Besides that, he wore a long black coat to hide some extra magazines and other weapons. He also wore a shoulder-belt with a double gun-holster. There he had his two, silver, M1911, 45 caliber guns. He left his shocker in the house. "No need for that." Glaz said, before Nick could ask him about it.

They knew that they wouldn't be searched, before entering the gala. They met with a brown wolf, outside of Glaz's house. He quickly gave them a bag and the two tickets. Without saying a word, he left and walked away again. Nick opened the bag and pulled two white plastic masks, shaped like a canine's head out of the bag. He put on the smaller one and gave Glaz the other. "How do we look?" Nick asked. "We look like a couple of idiots." Glaz answered and put on his mask too. Nick had to chuckle about Glaz's new look. Glaz turned around and sat in his car. Nick walked over and sat on the passenger seat, as Glaz started the engine and drove the two hours to the hotel. "Listen, if anything happens to me there." Nick began to say and Glaz looked at him. "If Bellwether does anything to me, I'm expecting Nighthowler-poison and that other shit. Please shoot me, should I go savage." Glaz nodded and looked back on the road. They drove onto a big parking lot, which was full of very expensive cars and the owners walking across it towards the hotel. Glaz gave Nick a small headphone and put one in his ear too. Nick and Glaz got out, Glaz locked the doors and then they walked to the hotel. It was lit up in the bottom floors and the entrance hall. The entrance was guarded by several sheep and rams, which were armed with submachine guns. Two of them took the guests tickets and slided them through some sort of reader machine. It only took a couple of minutes until Nick and Glaz were inside. The entrance hall and the giant dining hall were decorated and brightly lit up. There were two balconies above the dining hall. Glaz and Nick looked at each other and decided to split up. "I'll stay here at the bottom floor and look for Judy, you have to get up there and search for any hidden guards." Nick said and picked up a glass of champagne from a tablet. "Roger that." Glaz answered. He was on the balcony already and leaned over the railing. He turned his head and looked at two females, who wore brightly colored sheep-head masks. Glaz winked at them and the  two females looked away from him, blushing, smirking and giggling. Glaz looked down at the hall again. "I see five guards, tactically placed around the stage. Seven more, at the left wall and eight more, on the right. About six more guards in civil-clothes, but obviously armed. They're randomly placed in the crowd. I also expect more guards to be on the toilets and backstage." Glaz counted and stopped when a waitress came to him. "Sir would you like a drink?" The female pig said and smiled brightly. "I'd like a double-whiskey please." Glaz answered, the pig nodded and walked away. "I count about five more guards in the entrance hall and about 20 more outside. Also else something Glaz..." Glaz looked down, where Nick kept explaining. "Every mammal, besides the two of us, is a prey." "Why would you guess anything else?" Glaz said sarcastically.

"All guests please make your way to the main hall. The auction will begin in one minute." a female voice said from the speakers. "What kind of auction?" Nick asked and looked through the crowd of masked preys. They all stared at the stage, so he followed and looked at the stage too. Dawn Bellwether appeared on the stage and right behind her followed Judy. Thoughts shot through Nick's mind, he was just confused of the situation and about to pass out. "What is she doing here right now?" he glanced at Judy. Her entire body language was different and her decision of clothing too. She would've never worn a suit for women. Besides that, she wore a white blouse and black pants. She had her arms crossed in front of her and an earplug-radio was in her left ear. "My lovely friends." Bellwether began her speech. "I welcome you all to our monthly auction of predators." The audience applauded, but Nick and Glaz felt sick because of what they just heard. Nick even spat out the champagne, he had in his mouth. The preys around him looked at him in a disgusted and weird way. "Sorry, had to cough." Nick excused himself. "First we have a male jackal." Bellwether continued and a muscular jackal, which was only wearing underpants, stepped onto the stage. "The minimum bid is 1.000 dollars." someone raised his paw. "2.000." another did too. "3.000" no one else raised a paw. "3.000 bid, anyone else?" Bellwether asked. "Sold with a bid of 3.000 dollars." she finished and smashed the auction hammer on the podium. "This is disgusting." Glaz quietly said. When Nick looked up to him, he looked as normal as he could. "Perfect acting, but I can do so too. I have to get to Judy." Nick thought and went into the crowd of people, in front of the stage. "No more contacting, over and out." he said before sliding into the crowd. "Roger that, over and out." Glaz stayed where he was to have a good view on Nick, Judy and especially the guards. Nick went closer and closer, but stopped when Bellwether stopped talking and one of the guards came over to her, whispering something into her ear. Her eyes widened and she smiled at the crowd like she was looking for someone. Her eyes stopped on Nick and she just smiled at him. "My lovely friends, it looks like we have an unwanted visitor between us." a spotlight pointed right on Nick and the preys around him stepped back in a circle. Two ram guards appeared behind Nick, punched him in his belly and ripped off his mask. The crowd groaned when they saw Nick's face. "A prey." someone called and another said; "Cut his head off." Nick's eyes widened. The guards punched him several times and pulled him on the stage. There he had to kneel in front of Bellwether, who put her hoof under his chin. She turned her head to the audience again. "My friends, this fox caused me to go to prison and stopped my plans the last time. Now it's time to get revenge." a sheep brought her a silver scimitar. "This will happen to all predators in Zootopia." She shouted and raised the sword to cut off Nick's head. But he didn't care. At least he was able to see Judy again, although she just stared at him without any emotion. A tear rolled down his cheek and he was ready for the end.

But all of the sudden, two shots tore through the silence. The scimitar in Bellwether's hands broke apart and smashed to the ground. A sheep pulled her behind the podium to cover her. The other guards looked up to the balcony, where the shots had been fired. There was Glaz. He had opened his coat and had pulled out his two, silver guns. The guards opened fire but Glaz just jumped over the railing and slided down slowly. He shot several guards while he slid down to the ground. Nick saw something attached to the railing, where Glaz stood a second ago. It was a long rope, connected to Glaz's belt. After Glaz was on the ground, he reloaded his pistols and put them away. Now he pulled out two MP5Ks, turned around his own axis and unloaded the magazines into the guards around him. Many guards were hit and smashed to the ground. Glaz turned around, threw the submachineguns away and pulled out his pistols again. But as soon as he looked to the stage again, Judy stood there and shot him in the chest. Glaz fell back and laid on the ground. Nick jumped up, ran into Judy and threw her to the ground. He layedon top of her, so she couldn't get up. "Carrots, look it's me!" he shouted, but Judy didn't react. She tried to punch him and to get free from underneath him. Nick looked around, the entire audience and staff had left the building. Only he, Judy, Glaz, Bellwether and the guards were left. Some sheep had surrounded Glaz's body and one suddenly yelled. Nick looked at the sheep and one flew against another. Glaz stood up and shot around himself again. "Of course, his bulletproof-vest." Nick thought. The sheep, that were around him fell one by one and he jumped behind a table to reload. Nick looked at Glaz and didn't notice that Judy had squeezed her legs between him and herself. She pushed as hard as she could and Nick went flying away from her. Glaz got out from his cover and aimed at Judy to take her out. "Don't!" Nick shouted, Glaz got distracted by that and Bellwether shot him in the shoulder. He fell and moaned in pain. The vest, he wore under his shirt protected his chest and belly, but not his arms and shoulders. He held his shoulder and got up on his knees but a ram ran into him and made him slide across the floor. Bellwether held the device again and pushed the button. Judy stood still and stared straight ahead. "Eliminate target Nick Wilde!" Bellwether yelled and let go of the button. Judy walked over to a gun, which was lying on the ground. Bellwether pulled out another small device and pushed the button. Glaz' cybernetic eye flickered and he screamed in pain again. But now he blocked the next punch of the sheep, which was in front of him. He punched it back even though he still shouted in pain and his body trembled. Nick was back up, pulled out his shocker gun and shot his entire magazine at Judy. She got hit, trembled but didn't fall over just like Jack did. But she tried to aim another way than at Nick, who stood still. "Come on Carrots, fight it. I know you can do it." Nick said and cheered her on. She cried and grabbed her arm with the other, trying to pull the gun away from Nick. She was stronger. Her arm stopped trembling and she aimed at Bellwether. But Bellwether was faster. "Dumb bunny." she said, lifted up her own pistol and shot Judy. The bullet went right in the left side of her stomach. She fell and the world around Nick stood still. He looked at her, how she fell and saw the blood seeping down from the hole in her shirt. Nick tried to run to Judy, but Bellwether shot him in the leg. He shouted in pain, but didn't stop. He walked slower, but still towards Judy. Bellwether shot him in the other leg too, which made him fall. She walked over to him and placed the gun in his neck. "Just another predator. Nothing personal." she said and pulled the trigger, but the shot didn't come. She was out of bullets. When Nick realized it, he got up and turned around. He pulled out his claws and scratched her over the face. She fell back, screaming and holding her face in her hooves. Nick growled, opened his muzzle and was about to rip open her throat.

"Nicholas Wilde!" Glaz shouted and stopped Nick with that. The wolf threw a gun at Bellwether's head, making her stop crying immediately. Nick put back in his claws and crawled towards Judy. He sat next to her and held her head in his lap. There he hugged her as tight as he could. Glaz stood beside them and looked down. The grey-wolf grabbed Nick by his shoulder and wanted to pull him up. But Nick shook him off and cried, not letting go of Judy's body. He continued to mourn and kept crying.

Zootropolis A new Day {Book one of the Zootopia series}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara