Chapter 10 Searching for Hopps

Nick and Glaz were driving for quite a while now, when Glaz drove onto a gas station next to the highway. "Don't stop. Take over, while I get changed." Nick scooted over to the driver's seat and Glaz went into the van's back. When Nick heard the backdoors closing, he drove off and back on the highway. When Glaz appeared in the cab again, he wore a ZPD-uniform. He then, quickly patched a ZPD-SWAT-team insignia onto Nick's shoulder. Now they both looked exactly like officers of the ZPD's SWAT-unit.
Nick followed the navigation device's instructions and after a while, they saw the sign of Hopps' farm. Nick drove off the highway and on a lane. He stopped the car next to the farm's biggest building and got out. Bonnie Hopps went out of the front door and held an old shotgun in her paws. "Who's there?" Nick held up his paws and Glaz did the same. Then the female bunny lowered the gun, when she discovered that it was Nick. "Good evening mister Wilde. Who is your friend over there?" she pointed at Glaz, who was still holding up his paws. "He is just a colleague from the ZPD." She aimed at Nick again. "But Judy told us that you got fired. So why are you wearing a police-uniform? And do not try to lie to Me!" she shouted and Nick saw that she was about to shoot him. So he decided to tell her the truth "Ok I was wrong. He and I are working for an international special-force and we are trying to take down Jack Savage. He has dated Judy sometimes but she disappeared and I want answers." Nick's voice got louder in the end and he even was about to cry now. Bonnie Hopp saw his expression and lowered her gun completely now. "You can come in, but put your shoes on the terrace. I just cleaned the floor and don't want it to get dirty again." She went back inside and Nick and Glaz went up the stairs to the terrace. There, they took off their boots and walked through the door. When Nick was inside, he saw ears and small faces all around him. He thought that Judy had about 100 sisters and brothers, but not that she had that many. Stue Hopps was sitting in a big armchair and had his left leg in a bandage, put up on a stool. He looked first at Nick and then at Glaz, who clearly felt uncomfortable between all these little bunnies. They walked around him and stared up and down at him. Then Stue took the word. "What happened to my daughter?" Nick looked at him and saw how tense the old rabbit looked. "We don't know sir. We actually came here to ask you, if you'd know her location or what happened to her." Glaz said cold-hearted and just stared down at Stue Hopps. Glaz was just a wolf, but he still nearly hit his head on the ceiling. "We don't know where she is and if you don't need anything else I would like you two to leave my house immediately." the okd rabbit said and Nick knew why. Stue Hopps had a very 'torn-apart' opinion about predators. At least that's what Judy had told him. "Well that's settled then." Nick said and headed back towards the door. He got cut off by a tiny rabbit and almost ran her over. "Do you and my sister do kissy-kissy?" the little girl asked and Nick began to blush for some reason. "Yes we do." he answered and the small bunny began to giggle, when she ran past him. Glaz looked at some letters, but then followed Nick out the front door. Bonnie Hopps followed them and waved to say goodbye. "Sorry we couldn't help you more Miss Hopps." Nick was standing in front of her on the staircase. Then he turned around to walk back to the van, where Glaz was already sitting and waiting. But Bonnie Hopps walked after him and grabbed onto his arm. "Find my daughter." she said as tears began to roll down her cheeks. "Nick turned around and put his paws around her's. "I will find her, I promise." He let go of her paws and sat back in the car. As Glaz drove off, Nick waved at Bonnie Hopps and she waved back.

A little later.

Nick and Glaz took a break in a diner. But it made Nick sick what kind of diner it was. It was one of those diners, where the service are all females with tight and very short clothes, shirts and skirts. But Glaz insisted, because he was hungry. Nick went out the car and saw Glaz holding a little, tri-angled box. "What's that?" he asked, pointing at the box in the wolf's paws. "Oh this, this my new cybernetic eye. I'll put it in when we have a seat." Nick shivered when he thought about the hole in Glaz' eye socket. "But please go to the bathroom to do that." he said and Glaz nodded. Nick went inside and was hit by the smell and the heat, which came from inside the diner. He was also wearing a white shirt and a pair of jeans instead of his tactical suit. Glaz wore a blue, expensive tuxedo-suit, which clearly didn't fit into a classic diner. Everyone looked at Nick and Glaz when they walked to a free table. They were surrounded by bikers, truck drivers and other 'conutry side'-looking mammals.
After they had taken a seat, the other mammals kept eating and didn't look at Nick anymore. Glaz went to the bathroom to put in his new eye. When he came back, a blonde bunny waitress, in a tight red shirt and a blue pair of hotpants appeared. "Hello and welcome to Rooter's, the place where any mammal can get back to it's primal roots. What can I bring for you loves?" Glaz looked at her with a sarcastic smile. "Do you have to pull off this quote always, when you go to your costumers?" "If I want to get paid, yes." The bunny simply answered and Glaz continued "Just a glass of water first." His eye began to flicker and had a red, instead of a blue color now, which made him look more threatening. It was also not as bright as the last one. "Glass of water, sure do." said the bunny, while she wrote something on a note. "And what about you love?" she looked at Nick. "A big coke and some french fries for me please." he answered, while he pointed at the menu. "Big coke and fries for you. Okay loves, see ya in about ten minutes." As the bunny walked away, Glaz pulled out something from his pocket. It was a folded letter. He folded it open and Nick saw that it was one of the ones from Hopp's farm. "How did you?..." Nick tried to ask but Glaz put a finger to the front of his muzzle, signaling the fox to stop talking. He showed the sender's address to Nick, it was the address of Jack Savage's hotel room, in Zootopia.
Nick looked outside and saw a whole bunch of sheep walking towards the diner, led by one particular female sheep, Dawn Bellwether! "Glaz, we got company." Nick said and pointed at the sheep with his thumb. Glaz saw the group of sheep too. "Many fists, but can easily hide weaponry." he said and put the letter back into his pocket. The sheep went inside, turned the 'open'- sign around. Then one of them held up a pistol and began to shout. "Everyone out except for the ones, we're looking for. Get out now and if you call the cops, you won't return home tonight." Every single mammal, even the staff left the building and walked outside, where more sheep were waiting. They fired tranquilizer guns at the unnarmed mammals, until every single one of them was asleep. Nick and Glaz remained on their chairs and didn't move a muscle. The one sheep with the gun walked up behind Glaz and put his gun into Glaz's neck. That was its last mistake, because Glaz grabbed the gun and threw the sheep on the table. He kicked the gun away, while Nick jumped over him and smashed into the other sheep. They all fell down and Nick kicked one of them in the face, while he got up again. The other sheep outside saw what was going on and went in, tranquilizer-guns ready. Glaz jumped over Nick and picked up a sheep. The others began to shoot with ballistic guns, but Nick and Glaz used the one sheep as a shield. They moved as close as they could, then they pushed the sheep into the others and took cover when the remaining sheep entered the diner and also shot with guns at them. Nick got out his shocker and unsaved it. He got up and fired a few shots and it surprised him that there was pretty much no recoil. Glaz and Nick picked off the sheep one by one until it was only Bellwether left outside. She cowered behind a car and held a pistol in her hooves, but forgot to put ammunition in it. When Glaz and Nick went around the car, she pulled the trigger several times but nothing happened. Glaz grabbed the gun and threw it away. He then grabbed her by the head-wool and began to shout. "Who told you we were here?" she didn't move a muscle, so Nick pulled Glaz back from her. "Let me try it." he said and moved towards bellwether. While he slowly walked towards her, he put out his claws, bleached his teeth and growled. He knew that she was very afraid of predators and he was going to use this fear. Her face changed from upper handed to frightened. Nick was so close to her now, he could even see the pearls of sweat on her forehead. "Tundra-town!" she said suddenly. "It was Jack Savage and he holds her in Tundra-town." Nick put back his claws and walked away from her. "Do you have the exact address?" Glaz said from behind Nick. "Snowfurroad 13. A big warehouse, located at the south wall of Tundra-town." Bellwether answered again. "Thank you Miss." Nick said and quickly shot her with his shocker. She fell to the ground, unconscious. Nick heard sirens and saw that Glaz hung up his phone. "Police is coming. We need to hurry." he said and sat back on the driver seat of the van. There he put in the address of Judy's possible location.