Chapter 8 The hunt begins

A little later, inside Nick's apartment.

Nick went inside his flat. He closed the door and put the keys in a bowl beside it. Like Judy told him to always place his keys at a special place. He then locked the door from the inside and walked over to his kitchen. Everything that had happened in the past hours was a little too much for him. He opened a drawer and got his bottle of cognac out. He then poured in a glass for himself, emptied it in one sip and put it in the sink. After he walked out, he noticed that the curtains of the Livingroom were closed. "I thought I left them open." The hairs in his neck stood up. He picked up the pistol, Glaz gave him and released the safety catch. He then walked slowly through his Livingroom, when suddenly the room lamp was turned on. "Drop it and don't even try anything stupid." Nick recognized the voice. He did as the voice said and dropped his pistol to the ground. He then turned around and saw Jack Savage sitting on his couch, pointing a pistol at him. Next to him sat another male rabbit who held a gun too, but he sat between Jack and the window. Nick's plan wouldn't work, only if Glaz was right with what he said. "You're really annoying you know that?" Jack got up and walked over to Nick. He stood in front of Nick but he was taller anyway. So Jack walked around him and kicked him in his popliteal. This made Nick kneel on the ground. He tried to get up but the other rabbit pointed the gun at him. "Stay on your knees." Nick did as he was told and Jack put away his gun. He then opened his suit and put it on the couch. "I absolutely hate predators. But do you know what I hate even more?" he looked down at Nick and folded his sleeves back. "I don't know, your ex-wife maybe?" as answer: punches and kicks were thrown at Nick's upper body and face. Nick bent over and spat out a mix of blood and spit, but he was still smiling. Jack held Nick's muzzle with his paw to stop him moving. "I hate predators, which have touched, kissed and even slept with my girlfriends. I hate those even more." Jack finished and again threw punches at Nick's face. Nick felt a bad sting in his left eye and felt something warm drooling down his left cheek. But he was still smiling. "Why are you still smiling fox?" Jack shouted.

Change of view.

He had done it many times before. He remembered to himself "Aim small, miss small." "Distance: 1200 meters, wind speed: 6 miles per hour. Perfect conditions Scope." said a very familiar and beautiful French voice in Glaz's ear. "Thanks Curié, remember to come in when I told you. Wait for the signal." he looked through the scope again. He saw Jack, an unknown rabbit and a kneeling, bleeding and pain-bent Nick. Jack stood between him and Nick so he would have hit Nick too, but that wasn't the target anyway. He took a deep breath and pulled the trigger. The shot was louder than he thought and the recoil was, as suspected very hard. He was still looking through the scope, when he saw the head of the other rabbit explode like a watermelon. Jack jumped at his suit but two more shots at his feet prevented him from doing anything else. Nick tried to stand up, but fell down to his knees again. The door was smashed open and the three other Rainbow members entered the room. Jack reacted too quick and too sudden. He jumped through the windows and fell down. But before he hit the ground, he opened a parachute and slowly floated down to the ground. "All units get Nightguard and make way for the car. The hunt has just been started. I repeat, the hunt has just been started."