Chapter 3 He lives up to his name

The grey wolf glanced at Nick in disbelief and confusion. "What's so terrible about that, though?" Tony asked and tilt his head to the left. Nick looked back at his partner and mimiced his motion, as the red fox tilt his head as well. "Uh...I could have shot him?" Nick pouted and leaned back in his seat. Glaz just shook his head slowly and went for another donut. He choked a bit and coughed as the radio suddenky went off, with the angry voice an angry chief.

"Dober-32 come in! Are you there?" Tony tried to throw the donut out through the window. But since it was closed, the cream just splattered all over the window. The grey wolf turned around and looked ahead, while Nick took the mic with annoyance and replied. "Dober-32 is listening." "Dober-32 we have a racing SUV comin' your way. Vehicle is driving down Savannah central towards south-downtown. An important thing is that there are already 4 interceptors. The suspects are heavily armed and dangerous. While the other units surround them you have to block their way. Proceed with caution! PZ 1, over and out." "Dober-32 over and out."

Nick put the mic away and looked at his partner, who turned the key, which brought the engine to life. The silence remainded until the radio went off again. "Dober-32! Dober-32! This is intercepting unit 19. Suspects are coming down main street downtown, but they shot most of our tires. You're on your own." "Where in the bloody hell is the backup and a chopper?" Glaz yelled out loud and Nick jumped up in his seat. "Sorry guys, you two are the only ones who wanted a night shift in Downtown. Good luck." The radio went of with a cracking sound and Glaz shook his head with angry annoyance. He stepped on the throttle and turned the steering wheel suddenly. The car made a half turn and and Nick clawed himsel to the door and seat as the vehicle drifted around a sharp turn, tires screeching loudly. Glaz shifted into a lower gear and started to slow down.

"Let's hope these bastards haven't changed their course." "Not possible." Nick replied, looking at the street in front of them. "Most roads are closed for maintenance. Except the exit to Highway 23. If they went off there, we lost them already." Nick looked back at his partner, who was looking up at the sky for no reason. "You listenin'?" He poked the wolf's shoulder and then looked back at the road. "No, I think they're still on the road." The grey wolf nods slowly with a re-assuring smile and positions the car in the middle of the road. Both canines get out quickly, to pack up their gear and put on their bullet-proof vests. Glaz opened the trunk to get the road spikes and rifles for himself and Nick. Meanwhile, Nick went to check the radio again. "PZ 1, this is Dober-32 do you copy, over?" No reply.

"Dober-32, this is intercepting unit 19 again. The suspect vehicle is coming your way. Prepa.." The voice was drowned by a loud sough."Hey Glaz! No one's replying!" Nick yelled out to his partner, who was done with laying out a chain of spikes. "Why's that?" He yelled back and walked back to the car. "I have no idea." Nick replied quietly and got up to put the vest over his torso.

Sudden

(Sorry for the sudden stop. Creativity levels in my brain are now officialy down to zero...)

After a few more minutes, the victim car finally came in sight. The bad thing was, that the car was a white -limousine. As planned it drove over the spike-chain, which caused it to slow down immediately. But as soon as the car stopped, the driver's door and the backdoors were opened and four already mammals, which wore black long coats, ran towards the two policemen. Nick put the gun up to his shoulder, aimed at the driver and fired. The driver got hit in his leg and fell. The shot caused the other hostiles to stop and glance at the policemen. Glaz got out from behind the car too and aimed at the hostiles. "Put down your guns and lie down on the ground, with your hands on your back." he yelled, but the hostiles' answer was a little surprising. They opened their coats and each one of them had multiple guns, firing immediately at the two policemen. Both of them ducked down behind their car as fast as they could and heard the bullets smashing into the car and breaking its windows. "This is a brand new car you bastards." Glaz shouted, went back up, fired 3 shots and got down again. "Did you hit anyone?" Nick asked. "At least one I think." The gunfire stopped suddenly and the loud engine of another car howled through the street. The hostiles fired at it as well, but it drove right through them. It hit one of the hostiles. It turned out to be a female because she was screaming her lungs out after the police-car had hit her. The two remaining hostiles were both males. "Tara no. You bastard!" oke of then shouted and shot a full magazine at the police-car. While he reloaded the driver opened the door and Jack Savage appeared. He lifted up his gun and fired two quick shots at the hostiles. Both fell over and were dead before they even hit the ground. He had shot two perfect shots right into their foreheads. Glaz got up again, ready to fire, but he only saw Jack Savage walking slowly towards them so he lowered his gun.
The driver was still alive and moaned. Jack stepped beside him and aimed his gun at the driver's face. The driver lifted his paws and whimpered in a Russian accent. "I have family, many children, please don't kill me." Jack kneeled down beside the driver and pulled of his ski-mask. It was a polar-bear. Nick got up too now and looked at Jack and the polar-bear. "Sorry, you're not one of us." Jack got up again and quickly shot the bear in the face. Nick raised his gun and shouted at Jack. "Put your gun down right now." Jack slowly turned around and looked at Nick. Then he slowly raised his gun. "I'm warning you don't even try it." Glaz stepped next to Nick and aimed at Jack too. Jack held something else in his left paw now. It looked like a car-key with one small button on it. But after Jack pushed the button, Glaz began to scream. He let his gun fall and kneeled on the ground, pressing his paws against his face. Then he put away his paws and his arms trembled in a spastic way. Nick saw that Glaz's cybernetic eye was flashing wildly and each flash caused another tremble. Nick looked back at Jack, who was on the ground next to the bear again. He put the device in the bear's left paw and picked up the bear's Uzi-gun with a rubber glove. He quickly stood up again and fired a short burst at Nick. Nick felt multiple hits in his left shoulder and arm. He fell on the ground but while he fell, he pulled the trigger of his gun. A three-shot-burst hit Jack, but he didn't fall to the ground he just dropped the Uzi and went back to his car. There he called the ZPD headquarters. Nick heard every single word. "PZ1 this is Officer Savage. Officers Glaz and Wilde are both injured. All suspects had to be taken out. Officer Wilde shot at me, with a three-round-burst for unknown reason and we need an ambulance right now." Jack made his voice sound very weak and painful. "Copy that agent Savage. We are sending emergency-teams and a helicopter to your position." Clawhauser answered and shortly the sirens howled through the streets. Nick passed out again, but he looked at Jack. He smiled back at the fox and moved his finger past his throat in a slicing motion.