New equipment

New equipment

(set between chapter 1 and 2)

"Attention!" Glaz walked down the arranged officers of precinct one, which stood to attention. Chief Bogo stood at the entrance if the big sports hall, arms crossed and watching the scene. The officers were struck by Glaz' sudden shouting and stood even more to attention and every tendon was staggered.

"My name is Captain A. Glaz. I was ordered by the military to explain you officers your new equipment, on request from the ZPD. Now as you all know, the crime rates have heavily increased after the mass production and massive sales of automatic, ballistic fire-weapons." He explained, as he opened his holster and held a pistol up in his paws. "These weapons can fire quicker and are way more lethal than your old equipment, including tranquilizer darts and Tasers." he put the gun back before he continued to talk. "Now I heard from chief Bogo over there, that none of you were in the army, navy or air force and have no idea about these weapons. Am I right?" No one answered. "Everyone with knowledge about these weapons may step forward." No one moved. "Every one, who was in any kind of military, may step forward." Again, no one moved a muscle.

The grey wolf turned his head to face Bogo. "Chief, these mammals are not ready. I suggest you give them at least two weeks of theoretical classes." Bogo shook his head. "There is not time captain and also, they are ready for it."

Glaz chuckled and shook his head. He then moved the paw up to his face and pulled on the eyepatch on his left eye. The officers prepared themselves for what they heard about Glaz being the scariest, but also most fascinating thing. From under the eyepatch, a blue light came into view and the officers twitched by the look of Glaz' left face. Scars moved up and down on his left face and muzzle. The clear blue of his cybernetic eye stared at every officer and most were fascinated by his appearance. Except for one. One elephant officer and one of Judy's many friends, Prancine Trunkson. Judy noticed her sleeping, of course after a long night shift it would have been more than excused, but mot for Glaz. Of course he had already noticed it and stepped right in front of the slumming male elephant.

"Now I hate explaining 'civilians' the handling of weapons, but do you know what I hate even more?" Glaz silently asked and looked right at the female elephant. His sudden yell made Judy flinch and Prancine was shook by the scare. "I hate it if people don't listen to instructions that could save their fucking lives!"

Glaz stood up on his toes, still not reaching Prancine's face at all. But still his glare and the bright light of his cyber-eye drilled deep into her thoughts. Suddenly, his face turned from angry to a sly smile. "Miss...Trunkson right?" "Yes sir." Prancine said quietly, almost a whisper compared to Glaz' loud voice. "I got something important here." Glaz said, snapped his fingers and a red-vixen walked over to him. She was wearing a grey-camouflage uniform and placed a large suitcase next to Glaz. He opened it and held a weird construction in his paws. "This is the trunkgun. A special version of these ballistic weapons, designed just for elephants. Would you mind giving me your trunk, so I can demonstrate how to use this new little gadget?" Glaz explained and held pointed at Prancine. "Of course sir." she replied and stretched her trunk down to him. "Easily to place on your trunk and can also be easily pulled out from the special holster." Glaz explained as he moved the trunk around the weapon in a circle. "To reload it, you have to pick up the magazine with your hooves and shove it in the bottom opening." he gave Prancine the small block and walked straight away from her. He looked at the other side of the hall as he continued to walk. "Chief Bogo. Tell this officer to shoot at me." Everyone looked at Glaz with confusion, even Bogo. "Pardon me?" "You heard me tell her to do it." "But sir, what are you..." Bogo was cut off by Glaz' sudden yell. "Tell her to load the gun and shoot at me..." he paused as he turned around, pulled out his huge revolver from his holster and pulled back the firearm. "...or I'll place a shot right between her eyes!" Glaz suddenly fired his weapon. The shot tore through the short silence and the bullet smashed into the wall above Prancine. The officers around the elephant jumped down on the ground or took cover behind anything they could reach, leaving the female elephant alone in front of the clearly crazy wolf. "Do as he said." Bogo quickly replied and looked worriedly at his officers. Glaz pulled back the firing pin again, but Prancine shook her head. Again, Glaz fired his weapon and the bullet smashed against a metal pillar, followed by a loud "Tshingggggg"- noise. Prancine flinched again and reached the small block to the bottom of her weapon. She struggled just to place the magazine right and sweat drops ran down her forehead. She looked back and as Glaz pulled back the firing pin again, she sped up with her tries. Finally she placed the magazine right and with a silent click, it was attached to her weapon. She pulled back her firing pin with her hooves and aimed at Glaz. But she struggled, she flinched too much and Glaz saw how she struggled.

"Fire now!" Glaz shouted as he shot at her again. With that, she pulled back the large trigger of her gun and a different shot tore through the air. Somewhere behind the grey wolf, a window shattered and the broken glass hit the floor. Glaz breathed heavily and put back his gun. He then walked over to Bogo and put a paw on the buffallo's shoulder. "They're not ready at all."

The wolf patted Bogo's shoulder and walked out of the hall, with the red-vixen following him. All of the officers gathered around the broken and crying Prancine.

(So that was a little part I had in mind, to bring some information about how Glaz' first ex- and impressions are. Also, why Judy wouldn't like him that much.)