Chapter 4 Three times fired

After the shootout in the ZPD building of precinct one, in chief Bogo's office.

Nick sat on a chair, in the office he mostly feared, beside him was an empty seat and on the next one sat Jack. Nick's left arm rested in a sling and his entire left shoulder and arm were in bandages. He was so full of painkiller that his head hurt and his vision was slightly blurry. Jack had his left leg in bandages and had two crutches leaning against his chair. Bogo just looked at Nick. His expression was easy to read and his eyes spread fire. Nick felt like the bull was going to jump at him any second and rip his head off. Then the door opened and Glaz entered the room. He didn't have any bandages around his arms or legs. But he had a big one around his head and left eye. After he sat down the chief began to speak. "I don't know what you guys did out there. But I expect one of you to tell me now, what the fuck happened?" he tried to keep a calm voice, but Nick saw that his chief was about to shout. "Well sir it was like this." Jack began to explain. "As I arrived, the two policemen here were already fighting the hostiles. I drove through them and got out. Officer Wilde was shot, the moment I pulled my gun out. One of the suspects had a small device, which did something to Officer Glaz's cybernetic eye." Bogo held up one finger and looked at Glaz. "Is this true?" he asked and Glaz replied silently. "Yes that is the truth. The device caused my cybernetic eye to overload and this caused it to send too much information to my brain. But i am going to get a new and better one soon." Bogo looked at Jack who continued. "After I had told the hostiles to lower their weapons several times and they didn't follow the request. I had no other option than shooting them down." Bogo paused Jack again and looked into a file. "Yes, but this medical-report here says three hostiles were killed because of a perfect shot to their forehead. But the fourth one was hit by a car and bled out before the emergency-teams could help 'her'." Bogo said the last word loudly and looked at Jack with a questioning look. But Jack just simply explained it. "Well it was like this sir. While I arrived, the female suspect looked at the two policemen and walked in front of my car so fast that I couldn't react. That was before Officer Wilde shot me by the way." Bogo looked at Nick now. "Do you have any explanation for this?" Nick tried to answer, but Bogo just continued to talk. "I don't even want to hear anything. Officer Wilde from this moment on you're vacationed for unknown time. You do not have the permission to either carry a gun or wear a policeman's uniform, nor driving a police-car. Hand me over your branch, gun and extra-magazines." Nick didn't answer. He just ripped off his branch while he pulled out the pistol. He gave both of these things into Bogo's open paw. Then he reached behind his back and also gave Bogo the extra-magazines. Then he stood up and went through the door. From there, he heard Bogo saying something else. "Officer Glaz, because of your disability of only one eye, I cannot let you work as a policemen anymore." then the door closed. Nick heard Glaz protesting and Bogo shouting back. Minutes later, the grey-wolf stormed out the door and smashed it behind him. His belt was gone and the place where his branch usually was, had a hole in the uniform. "Now he won, but I tell you. Jack won't be working here anymore neither." Glaz said with a smile and as suspected there was shouting in Bogo's office and a very angry Jack Savage left the room. He shouted at the office. "You will pay for this chief Bogo!" then he made his way to the elevator. "Come on let's go Nick." Glaz said and stumbled towards the staircase. Nick followed him down to the garage and Glaz went towards a black Mustang and got in. Nick got in on the passenger seat and closed the door. "I know that you don't want me to drive you home but I insist." Nick didn't even say anything. He just stared out the window and looked at the traffic outside going by.
Sime minutes later, they were drivig through the nightlife of Zootropolis, Nick tried to find out more about his new partner or friend. "You promised to tell me about the backstory of you, losig your eye earlier." Nick looked at Glaz, who turned his head quickly and touched his now bandage-free cheek. His fingers followed the scars all the way up to the black patch over his empty eye socket. Nick looked at his partner and his weird behavior. Before Nick could say anything, Glaz drove onto a free parkig spot. There he began to explain. "Back, when I was in the military, we were used for 'special' missions. Only involving savage and mad mammals. On my first and also last mission, I walked into a house alone. There I found a family of hyenas, all of them were bleeding and my caution was away quickly when I saw the cubs. I put my gun away and slowly walked up to them with my paws up. Immediately they jumped at me with sobbering muzzles and their claws out. The female git me first and I wasn't fast enough to pull out my gun. She drew her claws down my cheek and my vision over her was gone." he explained and pointed at his left cheek. "Then the shock went away and I did what a soldier neede to do." Glaz said and a tear rolled down his right cheek. Nick looked at his partner. "And what was it what a soldier neede to do?" "I killed them all. Ever single one of them, but in the end. All I got from my life in the army was this." Glaz pointed at his cheek again. "And the memories of this night. But I also got a new way......never mind Glaz quickly said and looked at the road again.

Nick thought about what his new partner just said and looked out of the window. There he saw something he couldn't belief. "Do not move the car." Nick shouted, but he didn't wait for Glaz to react. Nick just went out the passenger's door and ran across the street. Glaz accelerated again and drove beside him. He then saw what Nick must have had seen and went to a parking spot. Glaz got out too and followed him into a restaurant. But then he turned around and realized, that his eye-patch had fallen off. The other furries on the street groaned and a female even screamed, for seeing Glaz' scarred left face and the hole, where his eye should be. Glaz put on his black eyepatch again, closed the car-door and went into the building too. Nick was standing next to the counter and discussed with the manager. "I need to get in there right now. It is important." he pointed at the door, that lead to the dining room where Judy and Jack were eating together. "Sir just like I said. If you have ordered and reserved a table you can enter. If you don't you can't enter, understood fox?" Nick hated it when people called him like that, with a sound like this. He was about to jump at the sheep, that was standing in front of him. But then suddenly the sheep's expression changed when he saw Glaz. "Oh Mister Glaz. The same table as usual I suppose?" "No no Marcus, but today I wanted to show my good friend over there." he pointed at Nick. "My favorite of all restaurants in Zootopia." The sheep blushed and opened the door for them. Even though they looked like they had been in a bar fight a second ago. Nick went straight to the table where Jack was sitting and slammed his paw so hard on the desk that Judy jumped up from her seat and Jack looked at Nick with a shocked expression. But his expression changed when he discovered who it was. He even began to smile. "Officer Wilde, would you like to explain me why you are disrupting my dinner date with this pretty young lady." his voice was like a river of sugar and Judy glanced at Jack, she began to blush. But as soon as Nick looked at her and they made eye-contact, she stared at the ground. "Can you explain me what is going on here?" Nick stared at Judy and she didn't answer. He shouted at her now; "What is going on here?" "It's just a date." she screamed back and tears filled her eyes. Nick couldn't believe it. She was in this restaurant with this guy. That's not what was annoying to Nick but the fact that she wore the ring and the necklace, he bought her for her birthday. Made him feel sick. "I don't want to see you again." The words came out of Nick's mouth before he could even think of it. Glaz was just standing beside them and Jack kept eating. But Judy broke out in tears, she cried all the make-up out of her eyes. "Then take this with you!" she screamed. She then ripped off her necklace and threw it at Nick. He catched it with his paws and looked at it. Judy was just only whimpering now and took deep breaths. She sat back at the table with Jack again and whiped the Make-up off of her cheeks. "Yes over there. These two men came in and started shouting with a couple there." a voice said from far behind at the entry-door. Nick turned around and looked at it. It was two policemen. Two very familiar policemen to be exact, Officers Rhinowiz and Wolfert. They walked next to them and stood behind Glaz. "Alright you two, get out of here now and you can just go home. If you resist we will take you to the station." Rhinowiz said. Glaz was still standing and didn't react at all. Wolfert placed his paw on Glaz's shoulder to pull him away from Nick. As soon as he touched him, Glaz grabbed onto the paw and slammed Wolfert into the table in front of him. The people in the room screamed. Rhinowiz swung his big fists at Glaz, but he ducked underneath them and jumped into Rhinowz's face. He grabbed onto it and used his weight to make Rhinowiz fall over. He then got up again and grabbed Nick. Then they went out of the door and sat back into the Mustang. Glaz drove off and of course way over speed limit. "Now hold on. What just happened there? Who exactly are you and why did you do this?" But instead of answering Glaz picked up a needle from his pocket and stabbed Nick into his paw. He fell asleep immediately.