V : The Hooded Figure

FIVE.

— ☬ —

THE HOODED FIGURE

Just as promised, Qui-Gon came to fetch Anakin and me from Watto's shop maybe only a little over an hour after he had left. Unfortunately for him, the two of us weren't there. Watto had actually let us leave and we were on our way home before we jumped into Kitster and Wald. They were playing in the streets with another Rodian named Greedo. By the time Qui-Gon actually found the two of us, Anakin was beating the snot out of Greedo on the ground. At this point, a crowd had gathered and were cheering on the fight while I, on the other hand, was caught in the shuffle trying to pry Anakin off of Greedo. You can probably only imagine the look on the certain disappointed Jedi's face when he found us.

"Anakin stop it!" I yelled at him as I then jumped on his back gripping his neck tightly hoping my weight would pry him off the Rodian, but unfortunately for me, it did hardly any difference.

As soon as Qui-Gon approached, all the children started screaming and scattering as fast as they could trying to hide from Qui-Gon not wanting to get in trouble. However, Greedo shoved Anakin harshly backward and since I was still gripping Anakin by the neck extremely tight, I managed to fly backward with him and he landed harshly on top of me. I let out a loud grunt as my back hit the ground and a boy the same size of me laid on top of me before I shoved Anakin off and found Qui-Gon's eyes glued to the both of us as my face slightly paled for fear of being screamed at.

"What's this all about," he said in a bit loud stern voice and I quickly turned to Anakin practically screaming at him to explain with my eyes because there was no way I was going to be punished for something he started.

Anakin let out a loud sigh and slumped his shoulders with anger as he shot a look towards Greedo before explaining. "He said I cheated," Anakin muttered bitterly.

"Did you?" Qui-Gon then asked us with a raised eyebrow causing both Anakin and my own eyes to shoot towards him.

"No," we both exclaimed rather harshly a little taken back that he even had to ask such a question. Qui-Gon should have known without a doubt that we didn't cheat. We won that race fair and square.

Qui-Gon then turned his attention towards Greedo as he crossed his arms. "Do you still think they cheated?" He asked Greedo who simply nodded his head and answered yes.

This quickly caused Anakin to ball up his fist again and start to make a move again before I practically jumped on him holding him back while Greedo flinched and scooted further away from us.

"This won't change anything," I scolded Anakin while he still looked furious at Greedo and I could practically feel the frustration radiating off of him.