XVII : Execution Arena

SEVENTEEN.

— ☬ —

EXECUTION ARENA

"The transmitter is working, but we're not receiving a return signal," Obi-Wan explained while I just watched him completely irritated from a rock nearby. "Why am I the one trying to get this to work when you're the engineering expert?" He then asked me while I just narrowed my eyes at him.

"Because you wouldn't let me touch it, remember?" I asked him sassily as I crossed my arms at him and he just rolled his eyes at me. "I don't need your help, I believe were your precise words," I recounted to him as I laid down on the rock out of aggravation and honestly exhaustion seeing as we hadn't gotten any sleep.

Obi-Wan let out a clear bothered tone as he then ignored me and just turned to R4 for help instead since he figured that I was clearly not going to help him, and for the most part he figured right. "Coruscant's too far," he told the droid as he flipped a switch on the satellite. "R4, can you boost the power?" Obi-Wan then asked before the droid gave a disappointing beep back. I wish R2-D2 was here cause then maybe we'd be making some progress by now. "We'll have to try something else," Obi-Wan then decided with a sigh as he then climbed into the pilot seat of the starfighter.

I let out a long groan seeing as he was clearly going to get nowhere without me. It was either tough it out and hold a grudge against him or help him out so we could move on with our lives. I decided I'd rather go with the latter option.

"Why don't you try contacting Anakin on Naboo. It's much closer and since I'm a so called, 'engineering expert', you'd have a much better chance trying to contact him then getting a hold of Coruscant," I suggested while Obi-Wan gave a glance in my direction. "Besides, Anakin can transmit the message to the council and it works out for everyone."

"That's not such a bad idea," Obi-Wan said somewhat bitterly not satisfied that it took me a matter of seconds to come up with an idea while he was still utterly clueless.

He pressed a few buttons and twisted a couple of knobs as our starfighter then tried to contact Anakin's ship. "Anakin. Anakin, do you copy?" Obi-Wan called out but there was no response or sign of Anakin's ship. "This is Obi-Wan Kenobi. Anakin?"

"Serenity, he's not on Naboo," Obi-Wan then told me as his face turned into a frown.

My face morphed into concern as I jumped up into a sitting position to stare at Obi-Wan. What in the Force did he mean he wasn't on Naboo?! If he wasn't on Naboo then where the hell was he? "What?" I exclaimed in disbelief before I climbed off the rock I was still on and made my way over to the starfighter.