~ Prologue ~

What we did was wrong

I know that it wrong and I won't even try to pretend otherwise. It caused so much damage. It utterly ruined me. It utterly ruined my family . . .

My life would forever be changed by the stupid decisions I knew in my heart I should have steered clear of.

I was young when this started; twenty years old when my world turned upside down. I had been trained to become a Jedi from a young age. Although I was older than the typical trainee, I became a Padawan nonetheless. Ever since that day I had been given the code. The strict code that all Jedi know and follow.

There is no code that is as strict as that of the Jedi.

A Jedi does not boast of their accomplishments. A Jedi must learn to let go of their fears and have no shame in admitting their shortfalls when they occur. A Jedi must not know anger or hatred. Instead, Jedi believe love and compassion are central to their lives. We must love and care for each other as we must love and care for ourselves; by doing this we envelop all life in the positivity of our actions and thoughts.

However, Jedi are wary of attachments, both material and personal. The obsession over possessions and people creates the fear of losing those possessions and relationships which can cause us to be trapped in a state of depression and loss.

I was already on the border with attachments because I had a strong attachment to my family. But that is not the attachment I had that was strictly forbidden.

It was wrong, it was against everything I had learned.

But it felt so right.

In the end, it really didn't matter either because the damage had already been done.

I lost everything.

If I'm going to tell you this story, I'll have to start at the very beginning. By the beginning, I mean the very beginning, before I even met him. Back on a far off planet located on the Outer Rim when my brother and I were just nine-years-old a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away . . .