IX : The Weapon of a Jedi Knight

NINE.

— ☬ —

THE WEAPON OF A JEDI KNIGHT

Three years had flown by in frankly a huge blur. My schedule had always been all over the place, even now. Considering I was beginning Jedi training when I was only nine, I was way behind the typical Jedi trainee by nine so I was busy covering everything I had missed but also covering everything I should know at nine.

Some days I would be joining a class of younglings learning about the Force and how to wield a lightsaber, while other days would be spent studying under Yoda. It was a bit overwhelming, to say the least, but thank the Force I was a quick learner and picked things up quickly otherwise I would have given up becoming a Jedi a long time ago.

I was now almost a teenager. My hair had grown longer but Master Yoda said that if I wouldn't wear my hair up I would have to keep cutting it because my braid always had to be the prominent focus. My hair was down to my armpit, which still wasn't too long for me but I was only just now agreeing to wear my hair up so that I could grow it out. Most days I ended up wearing my hair in a low bun while my Padawan braid was so long now that I would wrap the braid twice around my head and pin it in like a headband covering my forehead.

I hadn't grown all that much, maybe two or three inches but that was it. Master Yoda said I should hit a major growth spurt soon since I was almost a teenager and that's usually when girls hit their growth spurt. My hair had also lost its striking bright blonde color to a more dull looking blonde and by the path my hair was taking, my guess was in a few years I would have light brown hair.

I didn't wear my old dress from Tatooine anymore either. Ever since becoming a Padawan and living in the Jedi temple, I had upgraded to a pair of brown trousers, a dark brown shirt, and cream covered robe tied off with my same trusted belt from Tatooine. That way I still kept a bit of home with me and a good reminder of my family everywhere I went. I had also been training with a blue lightsaber the last few years but Master Yoda said that when I built my own lightsaber I could do a different color if I wanted.

The first year had by far been the worst year in the Jedi temple. I would attend all my lessons with Master Yoda and all my classes, but as soon as those were done I would retreat to my room. I won't lie when I say that it was hard being away from Anakin. But it certainly had gotten better with time. After the first year apart, I started escaping my room and spending my time in the archives. I had probably read about half of the books in the archives at this point. By the second year, I was making friends and while none of them compared to the empty void I felt from Anakin, they were still enjoyable to pass time with.

I also was something of a legend amongst my peers because during a training session, I defeated a training droid which I had programmed to mimic the appearance of the Sith of Naboo. All the while Master Windu, Master Yoda, and even Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, as well as some of my peers, watched me. Sometime later, the Chancellor wanted to see me and requested that I accompany him on an errand. I then escorted Palpatine to Club Kasakar in Level 2685, all the while listening to Palpatine express concern for the situation on the sub-surface levels of Coruscant, the inability of the Jedi to respond efficiently, and the corruption that plagued the Senate.