XVIII : Darth Tyranus

EIGHTEEN.

— ☬ —

DARTH TYRANUS

"Look!" I yelled as I let go of Padmé and pointed up at the stands where Count Dooku and the rest of the separatist leaders were. As the others followed my gaze, a very distinctive purple plasma blade was being held at Jango Fett's throat. A smile broke out on my face as I got a somewhat smug and comforting look seeing as Master Windu was here. If Master Windu was here, surely there were more Jedi here to aid us as well, cause like Windu would have come all the way out here alone. Well, then again, that's pretty much what Anakin did earlier with Padmé for his miserable excuse at a rescue attempt.

"They're everywhere!" Padmé exclaimed with a smile as all around us Geonosians were fleeing from the stands and the clear colors of the lightsabers shone throughout the stands in the Geonosians places.

Red blasts fired, aiming at Master Windu who easily blocked all of the rounds with little effort. Jango shot flames at the Jedi Master who had to jump off of the stands and into the sandy pit with us to avoid the blast as he ripped off his robe to refrain from burning. Countless droids then flowed from all the entrances leading into the arena as they fired their guns and more Jedi rushed to join us. Thank the Force the destroyers didn't fire at us because if they had we would have certainly been dead.

"Hold on tight!" Anakin shouted at us while Obi-Wan just frowned and his typical teacher face appeared across his face.

"Anak—" he started to say in a warning tone before Anakin lurched the Reek forwards and guided the monster towards Master Windu and the other Jedi.

Three Jedi tossed us sabers which we quickly caught in our hands, poor Padmé was still weaponless. We all quickly ignited our lightsabers and mine glowed a regular green hue and it was pretty disappointing seeing as it wasn't my usual mint green saber. After freeing Obi-Wan from his cuffs, there was an explosion a couple of feet away from us that caused the Reek to rear up in panic as the four of us tumbled onto the sand. Luckily for Padmé, it seemed that the universe knew she was weaponless and decided to prepare her by having a blaster laying on the ground right next to where she fell.

Padmé immediately started firing away while Anakin, Obi-Wan, and I made sure to block all the blasts heading for us. Sure, having a lightsaber was great and all, but if it wasn't your own personal lightsaber, it just didn't feel right. It still held the same persistence but this saber wasn't rolling right with my hands.

"Anakin!" I yelled out to my brother as I sliced a droid in half. "The separatists are the ones behind Padmé's assassination attempts!"

Anakin looked up to the stands where all the separatists were still situated and watching us from above before he gave me an understanding nod and the two of us then stuck close to Padmé knowing they might come after her. Before I knew it though, I found her running across the arena and hopping onto the back of one of the Geonsian creatures that were guiding a chariot. Thankfully, Anakin noticed and hopped on the back of the chariot with her and the two rode off, at least they were together though.