XIII : Two Missions

THIRTEEN.

— ☬ —

TWO MISSIONS

Before I knew it, the three of us were standing in front of the Jedi Council back where it all started. Once more, we were in the center of the room while all the Jedi Masters had their eyes closely trained on us. Anakin stood in the middle while Obi-Wan and I stood on his sides as we all faced Master Yoda. Obi-Wan had just finished explaining to the council everything that had occurred last night and he was sure not to leave out any details. Master Yoda thought the shortcut I had taken was a witty idea while Master Windu thought it was tacky, typical.

"Track down this bounty hunter you must, Obi-Wan," Master Yoda told Obi-Wan.

"Most importantly, find out who he's working for," Master Windu then exclaimed while Obi-Wan simply started to frown.

"What about Senator Amidala? She will still need protecting," Obi-Wan said slightly concerned and I couldn't help but feel a tad bit guilty for having all but forgotten about Padmé. It wasn't like me to ever forget about her.

"Handle that our Padawan's will," Master Yoda then declared as he pointed his finger at Anakin and me while I just gave my brother a small smile which he excitedly returned. I wasn't surprised he was assigning me to stay with Padmé. After all, I had been protecting her for several years now so it only made sense that I would still be going with her. Having Anakin along was just a major added bonus. I haven't seen him in ten years and now we were being given two assignments together. However, Master Windu and Obi-Wan did not share in our excitement as they both developed deep frowns.

"Anakin, escort the Senator back to her home planet of Naboo. She'll be safer there. And don't use registered transport. Travel as refugees," Master Windu then instructed my brother as he completely ignored me.

I frowned and was about to say something before Anakin cut me off. "As the leader of the opposition, it will be very difficult to get Senator Amidala to leave the capital," he pointed out and I nodded my head in agreement.

"She's been working for a year to defeat the Military Creation Act so she will not leave willingly before its fate is decided," I explained and Master Yoda nodded his agreement but nevertheless didn't change his mind.

"Until caught this killer is, our judgment she must respect," Master Yoda pointed out and I nodded my understanding.

"Skywalkers," Master Windu then called out catching Anakin and my attention. "Go to the senate and ask Chancellor Palpatine to speak with her about this matter," he told us before the three of us bowed our heads and then prepared to leave.