X : The Dark Side

TEN.

— ☬ —

THE DARK SIDE

"Hey! You totally got a head start!" The dark red headed Embry yells after me while I just whipped my head around to look at her, still running forward with a giggle, before I quickly switched directions.

Embry, Tito, and I had been dueling for the last hour in the gym and now we were racing through the halls back to our rooms in a mad scurry to see who could get there first. I typically always one though seeing as Master Yoda took great pride in my training and I was always having to run at least five miles a day. Other days I would have speed workouts to work on my endurance so this was nothing.

The adrenaline pumped through my veins as my breathing was controlled and tranquil while I let out a loud laugh at Embry and Tito's hard gasps behind me. I jumped over a potted plant and then swooping under another Jedi that was in the hallway with a tray of food. "Whoa! Watch it you three!" The Togruta yelled out at us and I couldn't help but let out a sheepish apology in response.

"Sorry, Master Shaak Ti!" I yelled out over my shoulder as we continued sprinting down the halls and I heard a chuckle from the Master before we were long out of earshot of her anymore.

Embry and Tito were in hot pursuit of me and I quickly rounded a corner running right in front of an all too familiar stern-faced Jedi Master. I rapidly skid to a halt but unfortunately, Embry and Tito didn't take notice and time.

"Oof!" I exclaimed with a loud grunt as two bodies slammed into me and the three of us tumbled to the ground with a human girl and Nautolan directly on top of me.

"We're in so much trouble," I heard Tito mumble from on top of me as we all then hastily shuffled back to our feet and stood tall with excellent posture.

"Greetings, Master Windu," the three of us greeted respectfully in unison as we bowed low in front of Master Windu who continued to just shoot us all stern looks. Man if looks could kill, I would have been dead a long time ago.

"Serenity Skywalker," he said with a sharp tisk of his tongue as his face turned up in a sneer. "I would think that by fifteen years of age I would have seen a big improvement in your maturity. Looks like I have much too high of expectations for you," he said in a bitter tone before turning his gaze to Embry. "As for my Padawan, I must say I expect more from you."

"Sorry, Master," Embry sheepishly apologized, rubbing her arm uncomfortably.

Yes, poor Embry got the short end of the stick when she was issued her Master.

While she's still a great friend of mine, I'll admit I may try and avoid her more often whenever she's in the presence of her Master. As anyone in this temple knows, Master Windu and I aren't on the best of terms. I'm pretty sure the only thing the pair of us could agree on was our continual distaste for one another. Unfortunately, Master Windu was also in charge of some of my private training sessions since I practically placed out of all my classes in the Temple, having advanced beyond my peers.