VI : Bitter Negotiations

SIX.

— ☬ —

BITTER NEGOTIATIONS

When we made it to a crystal white room, Obi-Wan lightly placed me onto the bed with my legs dangling off the edge. He then walked over to a counter and began opening and closing drawers and cabinets looking for the right supplies until he was satisfied with some gauze, alcohol, cotton balls, and some sort of cream I didn't recognize. Walking back over towards me, he laid all the contents he had gathered on the bed beside me before sitting down on a round seat with wheels on the bottom. He made an attempt at spinning in the seat over to where I was causing me to giggle at the sight as he caught himself on the edge of the bed beside me.

"All right, what have we got here," he said in a lighthearted voice as he gently lifted my ankle and placed my foot on his knee. "Hmm," hummed while inspecting my leg before looking at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Are you feeling any dizziness, lightheaded, drowsy, nausea?"

"No," I said with a giggle and shook my head back and forth knowing he was just messing with me or trying to make me feel better. Even though I wasn't feeling bad at all.

He just gave me a smile and a small chuckle before taking the cotton ball and dipping it in the alcohol. "This should only hurt a little bit," he advised before he dabbed my shin in gentle quick motions to get the dirt and any type of bacteria that could have made it into my wound.

I took a quick inhale of air and gripped the edge of the bed tightly when he touched the part of the cut that the rock had hit because that was the deepest part of the wound. Trying to distract myself I focused on making small talk instead. "My name's Serenity," I told him before furring my eyebrows slightly in a quizzical manner. "Your's is Obi-Wan, right?"

"Yes 'mam," he answered as he sent me a toothless grin before focusing back on my leg.

I never really took the time earlier to take a good look at him, but now that he was working on my leg and close to me I was able to actually get a better visual of him. Obi-Wan Kenobi has light skin and was much taller than me, but then again everyone was taller than me. However, I knew he was shorter than Qui-Gon because when they were both standing earlier, Qui-Gon practically towered over Obi-Wan, but Qui-Gon pretty much towered over everyone. The most striking part about Obi-Wan though were his eyes. The boy had bright piercing blue eyes that looked like they could pierce through your soul if they wanted to. Obi-Wan had brown hair that was spiked up on the top of his head while the lower part of his hair was pulled into a scrawny little ponytail. His thin braid really stood out though, trailing down the right side of his head and past his shoulder. What confused me was how the braid had three different colored bands holding the braid, orange, red, and blue, but none of them were in close proximity of the other.