Chapter 17: One Hell of a Woman

"Finny," Emma whispered as she shook Finn's shoulder Sunday morning.  "Psst...Finny!" she tried again louder.  He opened his eyes to see Emma standing next to the bed looking at him.

"Morning, Em.  You want to hop in bed with your mom and me?" Finn asked.  Emma climbed up and snuggled in next to him. 

"Did you and Mommy have a sleepover, Finn?" Emma asked.

"Ummm..yeah," he led awkwardly.  "I fell asleep while we were watching a movie and your mom asked me to stay."

"Is that okay with you, Em?" Rory asked sleepily.  He hadn't realized that she was awake now.

"I always like having Finny here with us, Mommy.  I love him!"

"And I love you, too, sweet girl," Finn said as he kissed the top of her head.

"Do you love Finny, Mommy?" Emma asked innocently.  Rory froze for a minute.  They weren't anywhere near the I-love-you stage, although she did care for Finn a great deal.

"How about we get up and make some pancakes for Mommy and bring her breakfast in bed?" Finn jumped in, saving Rory from answering Emma's question.

"Yeah!" Emma squealed, jumping out of bed.

"Go play in your room for a couple of minutes while I get up and then we'll get started," Finn told Emma.  Emma ran into her room happily.

"Thank you so much, Finn," Rory told him as she snuggled closer to him.

"It's no problem, love.  I care about you, but it's far too soon for either of us to think about calling it love," Finn chuckled.

"That's exactly what I was thinking," Rory replied with a kiss.

Finn got up and headed to the bathroom to change.

"Hey Ror, do you have an extra toothbrush?" he yelled from the bathroom.

"Under the sink, baby."

Finn grabbed a new toothbrush from under the sink and brushed his teeth before sticking his head out the door back into Rory's room.

"What do you want me to do with the toothbrush?" Finn asked, holding it up for her to see.

"Just put it in the holder; I'm sure this won't be the last time you spend the night," Rory answered easily.  Finn put the toothbrush in the holder and then walked to the kitchen, stopping by Emma's room on the way to get her.  A few minutes later they both walked back into Rory's bedroom.

"You're out of pancake mix, love.  Em and I will just run out and pick up breakfast if that's okay with you.  What would you like from that little cafe down the street?"

"Pancakes, bacon and eggs, please?" Rory asked.  "You know I could just come with you guys."

"No way," Finn told her firmly.  "Em and I want to bring you breakfast in bed, so you're going to stay right there."

"Okay, I'll wait right here," Rory chuckled.  Finn and Emma left and Rory sat up in bed, grabbing her phone to check her email and Facebook since she'd been relegated to staying in bed for the time being.  She was scrolling through Facebook when her phone beeped with a series of incoming texts from her friend Leslie, who also taught at Chilton.  Rory scrolled through the pictures and had breath caught in her throat.  After scrolling through the dozen or so pictures, she watched the video that came last, and she couldn't help the tears that began falling from her eyes.  Then she giggled when she saw the last text from Leslie.

Who's the hot man that was with Em last night?  He looked at her like she hung the moon.  Please tell me he's straight and available?!?! -L