Dragon Scale Necklace And The Owner

(A/N : Now just a heads up in this fic Gray is not and I repeat not going to be like himself. He never met Ur he was raised by Isis the ice dragon after she saved him from Deliora's attack on his village that is near Snowdin. He will only strip if he's too hot but he will be doing it knowingly but won't care because he's burning up. He won't be wearing his cross necklace but the one up top. It's made from Isis' scales also for more information I would think that people would hunt down certain dragons for their scales. Why you ask well here. Ice dragon scales no matter if it's just one or hundreds protects against freezing weather and fire dragon scales protect against scorching hot weather. It's only the weather not magic attacks. So in this I will be giving Lucy a necklace and new earrings later tiny insignificant spoilers. Any way let's get on with the show. Oh and I also have a tendency to put at least one of my OCs every story I write so you've been fore warned.)

The trek to the ice dragon cave was long and tiring . . . for Lucy that is. She was extremely tempted to call Horilogium but decided (read : Erza scared persuaded) to conserve her magic. So most of the time she was whining about the razor like snowflakes in the wind. The jeweled night sky and pearl like moon barely being shown due to the constant storm. Happy was being held by Natsu as they neared the entrance of the ice cave. Lucy gave a sigh of relief at the thought of getting out of the raging blizzard and sitting next to Natsu furnace like body. Once they all entered the cave it was dark with no moonlight to touch the crystal ice rocks to shine giving the cave any light. Natsu lite a fist with his flames making the rocks catch the light and bathing the cave in an orange, red, and yellow glow. The light made the place look like eerie and just not right like it was suppose to be lite with a soft cool color than the bright colors of natural fire. The now lite cave made everyone there shiver at the colors. Taking a case off of her cart Erza pulled out some lacrima infused with light magic and told Natsu to grab the sticks scattered across the ground and Lucy to get the twine. They worked with Natsu keeping the light till their torches were constructed. The flame went out and the cave was now bathed in the white light emitted by the crystal spheres now making it look mystical and beautiful. With the better light source they continued deeper into the cave. It was quiet aside from their feet connecting to the ground. It was surprisingly warm in the cave to Lucy's enjoyment but she didn't mind. They were warm, dry, and safe from the howling storm winds. But once they started to get to the end of the cave patches of color started littering the floor, walls, and ceiling. They looked like splatters from something. But once they reached the back of the cave something no one expected lie on the ground by the wall. The shimmering of icy blue scales, the almost transparent wings, the tough but also delicate horns, and sharp claws and teeth. There was no mistaking it. It was a dragon and not just any dragon it was the ice dragon queen Isis. Her once strong and graceful body sat sprawled on the floor of her own cave with puddles of her dried and frozen blood around her. Lucy held her hand to her mouth with tears flooding her chocolate colored eyes. Erza stood as a stone at the once mighty beast on the ground dead. Happy stared on at the still beautiful creature even in death she was majestic covered in her blood. Natsu was the only one who dared move closer to her lifeless body. On closer inspection he gazed at the cause for her death. Her body was ripped open, scales and bones cracked to get at the inside of her body. Her heart was missing. The muscle was ripped out of her body making her live no more. Moving to her face he saw her clouded eyes open and they seemed to be forever frozen in a stat of pain and worry. She must have been trying to protect something to have ended up like this. He reached out and closed her eyes hoping that it would help put his mind at ease and he prayed that she would find peace. The team left the innermost chamber of the ice cave going back to the main entrance that allowed one to see the storm outside of the mouth. They sat around the campfire planning on staying in the cave for the night. The sight of the slain dragon in the back of the cave still in there minds. It made them all uneasy. The thought of who or whatever could've kill the dragon made Natsu sick to his stomach. Then he was reminded of his dream the night before when he saw a child in the reflection of the ice rock. Gray where was he when that happened? Did he even know what happened? Natsu hoped against all else that he didn't see Isis die right in front of his own eyes. Being exhausted the team settled down to sleep. But sleep still didn't come easy. Images of the dragon corpse further in the cave still walked their memories. But eventually their exhaustion won the battle. Once Natsu closed his eyes a number of dreams flashed across his mind's eye.