Kidnapping And Two Steps Back

Hearing that it wasn't allowed to take an S class quest well not yet anyway Gray was against it. He didn't care he wasn't going. Eclipse was still sleeping from all of the fruit she ate so he was holding her. He was about to reach for the flier so he could return it tomorrow.

But he then felt pain at the back of his head. Everything went black and he dropped down to the hardwood floor. When he hit the ground Lucy's eyes bugged. She pointed to Natsu and yelled at him.

"Why'd you knock him out!?"

"We're going on that mission and taking Gray with us. Never know when we could use another dragonslayer . . . dragonborn? I can't even keep up with the terms he uses. But we're going."

Lucy was surprised by how forceful Natsu was at wanting to go on this quest she was about to deny again till she saw what came along with the reward. A gold celestial gate key.

She smiled and said she'd go for the key at the very least. They waited till morning and left with a still knocked out Gray do to Lucy having some sleeping pills in her medicine cabinet.

"Why do you even have sleeping pills?"

"You think I look this great on a daily bases? I need my beauty sleep and you barging into my house all the time defeats the purpose. So I have something to help me along."

Lucy had sparkles around her after her explanation. Natsu just huffed a sigh and didn't question female logic he'd never get it anyway. As they walked along the docks of Hargeon looking for a boat to take them to Galuna Island.

Natsu was slightly dreading taking a boat there wanting to swim. He kept forgetting to have Mira put some ginger in his food. When every person who owned a boat refused Lucy was getting discouraged.

As they were going to the last small boat owner she started thinking this wasn't such a good plan and voiced her opinion to Natsu.

"Hey Natsu maybe we shouldn't go on this quest. I'm sure everyone probably knows that the request is gone and will send . . . "

Lucy swallows thickly with an audible gulp sound.

"Master's gonna send Erza after us."

"I don't care. I lost to Gray and I have to prove that I'm strong."

"But why Natsu? You already know you're strong."

Natsu slowed down and sighed. She didn't get it. In fact he didn't entirely get it himself. But he needed to prove to Gray that he was strong and could protect him against anything coming their way.

It was a driving urge to protect and win his heart. He didn't know when this started. Maybe when he had that first dream before the quest where they found Gray in the Kuroyuki castle with a broken look in his eyes.

He seemed so fragile. He still does. But Natsu wanted to be there to protect him at all costs. Maybe he was courting Gray for some unknown reason. Maybe they were meant for each other.

And even if they weren't that won't stop him from trying to get what he wants. He was a dragon after all. When they came across the last boat man in Hargeon it was maned by one man with facial hair all around his mouth.

And no one seemed to notice his slightly pointed ears. But he seemed nice so no one questioned it. It was when Lucy explained they wanted passage to Galuna things went south.

"Don't know why you'd want to go there, but no sailor worth his salt is gonna take you to Galuna. Not even pirates will go near that place."

Lucy was now done with all of this. They either had to got home or use Natsu's ridiculous idea to swim there. And she was not swimming. When Natsu started smiling about not getting in the boat the light caught Gray's necklace.