Dragons And The Train Ride Home

Natsu walked out of the forest and towards Gray. Gray's face was blank not wanting to show emotion and waited for Natsu to stand by him. This is how every night went. Demonstrate the shout, see if Natsu could learn it, then share the knowledge. Lather, rinse, repeat.

But what Natsu couldn't get about wanting to learn these Shouts he wanted to hold Gray closer. Every time Gray taught him a new Shout that he could learn then when it came to sharing the knowledge he wanted to suck it out of Gray.

Well technically he was but Natsu wanted to seal their lips to literally suck the knowledge Gray had into his own mind. He wanted to know everything about Gray. More of his life with Isis, his training, the trips to Skyrim, everything.

The dragon in his soul was getting restless for reasons he couldn't fully comprehend. Every night when he goes to sleep after these sessions he's not greeted with the dreams of Gray in the ice cave he called home. but more of a large valley covered by cracked brown scorched earth, lava and magma, and erupting volcanoes.

A large red dragon that resembled Igneel but was what he thought the other would look like if he was younger and not as many battle scars. Its eyes were a dark smokey green just like his. The scales a magnificent dark burgundy. A cream underbelly and jaw. The wings were large with bright orange webbing between the burgundy bones and dull yellow spikes on the tips of the bones.

The dragon was huffy and agitated. Natsu figured after a few nights that this dragon was his inner dragon that spoke the dragon language that Gray often spoke. It was the voice that spoke so Natsu could understand the words of power Gray taught him.

When he asked the dragon what was wrong it sneered and turned its back to Natsu refusing to speak but one sentence to Natsu every time he asked.

"You should know why I'm agitated I'm you after all."

Then the dragon would not speak the entirety of the night. This was getting Natsu extremely frustrated at not getting answers to the questions he asks the ancient creature. So for now he just ignored it and focused on learning the words.

With Gray now standing a few paces away from Natsu as a safety precaution he centered his being and called his inner dragon. His dragon was female because he was to be a submissive dragon and being trained by Isis also had a slight affect to her.

She was gorgeous her scales were a winter ice blue that shined with rainbows when the moonlight hit them just right. The sunlight made them glow with the colors of fire. Her massive wings had almost clear webbing between the ice white bones the protrusions at their tips was a soft sky blue color. Her eyes were the color of blue ice in full moonlight.

Any dominant male dragon would fall for her beauty but with her beauty it disguised her deadliness. The spikes on her tail were clear and would be hard to see until she froze them to the coldest temperature to make them dry-ice. Being from mountains she's learned to be stealthy so as not to alert her prey to her presence by the sound of crunching snow.

It was no wonder that ice dragons were revered as the most prized to mate with not just for their beauty or hunting skills. But also for their loyalty. Most dragons after losing a mate if mated again they can still have children. Not that they would take another mate in their lifetime. Ice dragon can not produce children exempt from their first mate. Their bodies just won't.

Looking to his inner dragon she nodded and let Gray draw from her power along with his mother's power. He opened his eyes and shouted the words of the Shout.

"Wuld Nah Kest!"

Gray was surrounded by a bright yellow barrier as he was dashed forward a great distance but not out of sight of Natsu. Natsu was amazed. After waiting for a minute Gray used the same shout to bring him back to Natsu's side in less then a second.