Heating Metal Using Ice

(A/N : This is like I'm saying a month after they leave Skyrim and the Omake. Hope you enjoy.)

The group of fairies was walking down the road and chatting. Lucy was passive-aggressively talking about how she didn't need help on her quest. But she crumbled when Erza and Natsu spoke about how you never split up the strongest team. At the mention, she just smiled and looked at Gray.

He was also smiling as he held Eclipse who was playing with his bracelet due to boredom. He was the quietest of the group and more introverted but he still brought in new refreshing air to the team dynamic.

He was cool and level headed but when pushed to the end of his rope he could run hotter than Natsu and Erza. They walked the cobbled streets and started to just chat about everything and nothing. Lucy wondering where Gray was going to house himself since they came back.

"I'll probably stick to Natsu. If not Eclipse and I can probably find a suitable cave in the forest."

That statement made Lucy do a water-less spit take.

"A cave?! Why a cave?"

"Don't need to pay rent and I've lived in many since childhood. It's nothing new to me."

Natsu then just wrapped his hand around Gray's waist and pulled him flush to his body. His face showed that he wasn't the happiest.

"No mate of mine is sleeping or for that matter staying in a cave! You will be staying with me from now on."

Gray just shook his head with a small smile and muttered under his breath 'skeeverbrain'. But the closer they got to the guild the more people gave them sad or worried looks.

Confused they stepped up the pace to light jogs. And they saw it. A silhouette of the guild with large things protruding from it. Seeing it in the distance made the team run.

Once they were closer they could see that the protrusions were large rods made of dark blueish metal. But what the two dragons could sense that the human mages couldn't be the heavy musk of a dominate male dragon.

To Natsu, it smelled heavy for the reason that the dragon was flaunting its power and showing he had the nerve to encroach on another dragon's territory. To Gray, it was heavy for the number of pheromones that screamed it was a dominant male and the rusted metal tang on his tongue told of the posturing.

It was so thick it made Gray cough and cover his face. It was so disgusting. Nothing like Natsu's much more pleasant smell of burning fruit tree wood and spices, that left your being warm and protected.

To try and help ease the smell Eclipse lifted her tail so that Gray was smelling her scent. It helped to have the smell of lemons and raspberries, sugar, and fresh cream. But the metal was still on his tongue. They entered and picked their way to the stairs leading to the basement. Everyone was looking down at the floor with an air of defeat and loathing.

And the ones most depressed about what happened were drinking what they could and passing out. Off by a wall, Makarov sat on a barrel with a heavy flush on his cheeks. He seemed to be very drunk and was acting all giggly.

Natsu was fuming and seemed to be physically smoking stomped up the short man and loudly asking what happened to the guild. Makarov just brushed off Natsu's complaints and explained what happened. The hall was destroyed by a rival guild member from Phantom Lord called Black Steel Gajeel when no one was around and they would be taking requests in the basement till they could repair the top floor.

Gray sighed in relief that no one was hurt. The day was short with as Natsu fumed till he wanted to leave. Gray was holding Eclipse with Happy sitting on his head. The small group walked the streets and Natsu was side glancing Gray.