Frozen Demons: The Past Returns

The sun rose and the team three wizards and two exceeds rose early. Natsu rising with the sun and Gray from Eclipse waking him up. Gray gave a short lived soft smile. He was glad she was awake she was one of the only constants in his life now.

Grabbing her he got up ate some of the food the villagers were kind enough to give to the team and set out. Lucy and Natsu weren't happy at going to early thou.

"Well you brought me along so deal with it. I didn't want to be here."

At his statement they walked into the forest going up the mountain. Lucy called Horologium to walk around with her in him. As they continued to walk Gray stopped. Something smelled off.

"Hey Natsu you smell that?"

"Hmm? Smell what?"

Gray huffed being an ice dragon his nose was one of the strongest having to be able to smell prey while in a blizzard. Letting go of Eclipse who unfurled her wings and hovered like Happy. The smell got stronger.

It stunk horribly. That's when a ginormous rat and I mean as big as a medium sized snow bank cast a shadow over the group of mages. And not to mention it was wearing a ridiculous maid like thing on itself.

The rat reared back and Gray brought his hands together. He called out the spell he cast to block the incoming attack.

"Ice Dragon : Frozen Mist Shield!"

In front of all of them ice mist came from Gray's mouth forming a shimmering wall in front of them.

"Gray that's not going to shield anyone!"

"Just wait a second!"

In no time flat the area the mist the air froze and made a large shield of ice. But the shield did nothing when the rat blew out the most foul odor from its mouth. The smell knocked Gray off his feet along this Natsu.

Horologium coughed at the smell and poof-fed back to the spirit realm making Lucy, Happy, and Eclipse to pop out. Everyone now exposed to the danger they ran.

The rat chased them breathing its foul stench called breath till Gray turned again.

"Ice Dragon : Permafrost!"

He stomped the ground and a magic circle formed. His magic rushed across the ground and frost it leaving nothing but ice. The rat ran on the ice till it slipped and fell to the ground on its back.

Natsu mocked Gray about using that from the beginning. Gray simply punched his shoulder and told him to shut up. Lucy looked around and saw a temple with moons all over it.

"Quick let's take shelter in there."

Gray nodded but Natsu was beating up the rat. Huffing Gray grabbed Natsu's arm and tugged him to the temple. They walked inside the temple. It was old and crumbling like no one was around to take care of it.

As they looked around Lucy remembered something from her dragon book.

"Hey Gray aren't ice dragons affiliated with the moon?"

"Yes."

"So do you thing this temple was used to worship them?"

Thinking it over while looking at the carvings. All of them were red exempt for one. It was small and insignificant if you didn't know what you were looking for but it was there.

In a corner of the temple was an ice blue colored moon. It was significant for another name ice dragons go by and that was the dragons of the moon. But by the ice blue moon was a red sun.