Information And Cold Demeanor

It seemed to take hours to get down the mountain. Even with Natsu running at full speed. But he made it to the village with the snow already starting to melt. And he started screaming. This got the attention of everyone. The only person to act was the inn keeper who raced to Natsu and told him to take Gray into the inn for treatment.

It took an hour for the rest of the group to make it down the mountain and to get to the inn. Gray was placed in Natsu's room. His face was cleaned of any blood and he seemed to be stable for now. But every so often his face scrunched up like he was in pain or pant like he was out of breathe. But all in all he was fine.

Natsu, Erza, and Lucy took turns watching him. He had gone through so much and gave them priceless gifts in return. It was the least they could do. Lucy was on watch right now reading about dragons in one of her new books. If anyone asked why she was willing to carry six heavy tomes the rest of the way to Magnolia she just answered that she wanted these for the new knowledge and her friend Levy would love to learn the language.

She was looking at the book filled to the bindings with notes on different species of dragons. If appeared to be made in the country of Skyrim. She wondered what it was like there with apparently all the dragons flying around. If Gray's information was right that is. Turning the page she found an entry on fire dragons.

Known as one of the most ruthless and domineering of the species they are ruthless in getting what they want. There is only one documented case where a fire dragon gave up what it wanted. This case is called The Ice Dragon's Grief.

This got Lucy's attention.

'The Ice Dragon's Grief? Why would it be called that?'

Reading further into the book she wanted to find the answer.

Only documented case of a fire dragon not getting what it wanted. Named The Ice Dragon's Grief : More information on Ice Dragons on page 835. In this document the fire dragon was the Fire Dragon King Igneel. And the reported Ice Dragon was the Ice Dragon Queen Isis. There was always a strong distance with fire and ice but this seemed to make it wider for dragon kind. Igneel appeared to be looking for the most suitable mate for himself when he happened upon Isis.

She was wounded from an arrow to the joint in her wing making her crash and damage it further. Being a kind hearted dragon Igneel went to watch over her. Once healed she thanked him and gave him a parting nudge then flew off. Entranced at the beauty and elegance she portrayed he felt the need to have her as his own. This would have even solved the distaste with both subspecies of dragons.

He followed her to her cave in the frozen mountains. What he had failed to take into account when he met her was her bulging stomach. Upon entering the cave he saw her laying in her nest made of animal furs and pine tree branches. As he approached he found eggs laying at her stomach. Infuriated at her and himself for another dragon getting to her. He left the cave waited outside for her mate to return.

The male dragon returned with elk in his maw. Based on his coloration he was a fire dragon. Igneel waited then he rushed in. He killed the male dragon then crushed Isis' eggs. He proceeded to forcefully mate with her. But with her mate first dead she would no longer be able to bare hatchlings for the rest of her eternal life. Igneel didn't leave unscathed Isis gave him an 'X' shaped scar across his chest.

Isis was scared with no mate and not being able to bare hatchlings anymore it is believed that she went and had herself killed by the Dragonborn. With no evidence this report is revered as untrue until further evidence is found of her death. Igneel having seen his mistake after her disappearance secluded himself in his cave and only came out for food and water. He never mated again having the scar on his chest to forever remind him of his wrongs.