Presents And An End To The Blizzard

Gray wiped his eyes and motioned everyone back inside. He pointed for everyone to sit while he went to get their rewards. The Fairy Tail group sat around and waited. But as they waited the storm started up again outside.

"Hey I thought Gray got rid of the storm how come it's back."

Lucy voiced her opinion. Pointing at the innermost cave and then the mouth of the cave. Eclipse went up to her face and started shooshing her then tapping her head with her little paws.

"Gray use a Shout called Clear Skies. It in essence clears the sky. But with how long Gray's been locked up and how many time he poured his magic into Isis' heart it's going to take more than using it just once. It would go faster if Natsu did it as well."

Natsu pointed to himself.

"Me? I can't do that."

Eclipse hummed and was about to speak when Gray came back with the rewards. He sat down with the stuff he was holding in front of him. Looking at everyone he picked up one item. It looked like a fish but with holes in it. He handed it to Happy. With the gift in paw Happy looked at it. It was made of ice, looked like a fish, and full of holes. What was it?

"That is a fish flute. People here use it during the winter months when fishing is hard to call fish in to use as food or to help clear obstacles."

Eclipse explained and Happy was looking at it with star filled eyes and drool coming out of his mouth. He had never heard of such a thing but it was one of the best things he ever received. Next was a necklace with . . . ice dragon scales?

Gray handed it to Lucy but she held her hand up to respectfully decline the offer.

"I'm sorry Gray but I can't take that. It's a gift from your mother so it'd be. ."

"What makes you think Gray's giving you his necklace. This is a necklace he made for you."

"What?"

"Gray would never give anyone his necklace. And he heard you complaining about the cold so he gathered so of Isis' scales. Put them on a wire and infused them with his magic to make ice dragon scales."

Lucy blinked and looked at Gray's neck sure enough there was his necklace hanging there hiding the scar around his neck from the collar he was forced to wear in the castle. When she saw the necklace in his hand it only had one line of scales the glowed with the ice magic. So she took it.

The scales were cool and felt nice on her skin. But she was reluctant to put it on. That is till Eclipse started to talk.

"When dragons were around here people went hunting for their scales. Dragon scales when molted become white and were used to protect against the elements when infused with the right magic. So with ice dragon scales the cold weather won't bother you anymore. The opposite with fire dragon scales. They protect you against the blaring heat. Oh and Natsu could you infuse your magic into the earrings please?"

With that explanation Lucy eagerly put on the necklace as Natsu fill the earrings in Gray's hand. Gray then handed Lucy the earrings which she took and put in her ears. Finally something to wear that will protect her from the freezing cold and blazing heat. Not to mention they were so fashionable. She was going to be the talk of the town.

Gray just watch slightly amused then went on to Erza. Her present was armor. But it seemed to be made out of frozen bones. After she took it she felt the chill from it. She didn't have any ice armor.

"What is this made of?"

"Isis' bones."

Erza was about to give it back but Gray held up his hand and shook his head. He spoke still wobbly with the language but he managed.