chapter 3

~ Your POV~

I woke up to the sun peering through the Window. I yawn as I stretched my arms and I rub my eyes as I sit up on my bed. I look around as I got up and I went downstairs only to see i was alone in the house. When I looked around, I saw a note on the door
Hey (y/n). I'm out at school. If you want, you can make something to eat. See you later
I smile as i grab some poptarts and eat them. I Finnish and I look around a d I look at my phone and I saw Steven was calling
S: hey (y/n)!
Y: hi Steven. What's up?
S: i-i was wondering I-If you wanted to come over a-again
Y: sure! I'll see you there
S: Alright! Bye
I smile as he Hung up a d I started to get ready.

~Timeskip~
I nocked on the door to Stevens house but only to get no response. I looked through the glass but I didn't see anyone. I sigh "maybe he forgot?" I say to myself, shrugging and I start to walk down the steps until I heard the door open "(Y/N)! Wait!" He says and you turn around and smile "sorry! We had to go on a gem mission" he says Chuckling nervously and he rubs the back of his Head. I pat his back "don't worry. I understand" I say

~Stevens POV~

I smile at her "would you like to come inside? " I ask. She looks back at me and nods " sure" she says and nods. I open the door for her and she walks in. They way her hair swayed was hypnotizing. I was snapped out of my thoughts when (y/n) ask me a question. "Do you mind if I used your bathroom?" She asks and I shake my head as I walk in "not at all" I say and she nods and walks in.
~10 Minutes later~
' What's taking her so long? Is it a girl thing? But not even Connie takes this long? Is she hurt? No she'll be fine. I'm over thinking things' I thought to myself
{Your POV}

I sigh as I walk into the bathroom. I shut the door and sit down. Since this isn't my original form, it's hard to stay like this. I unfortunately have to go back to my 'black diamond' form at least twice a month or it will get to stressful on my body. I sigh as I shape shift back to my diamond form. I look down at the grey skin on my hands and my legs. My long black falling over my eyes since I was too big to stand in the bathroom so I had to sit and duck my head. But even then, my head was agents the celling and my legs scrunched up so I don't nock over anything. And being a little taller than the other diamonds didn't help either. I sigh as I pull my black and grey cloak over my eyes. I think some humans who had all black clothing were called emo or goth whatever that is.
Why do I have to be a diamond? I rather be a normal human. At least then I won't have to be shattered. I wonder if I'll be caught. I remember hearing something about some other gems from homeworld coming and looking over bear beach city. I wonder -'  I was thrown out of my thoughts as a knock hit the door of the bathroom. "Hello? (Y/n), are you alright?" The voice of Steven called and my eyes widen as I shape shift back into my human form and quickly open the door. "Yeah, sorry Steven. Just taking my time" I say as I give a small smile. He smiled and nodded , buying what I said. I sigh quietly and I walk and sit on the couch. "Hey Steven?" I call as he looks in his closest of things to find something to do. "Hm?" He hummed in response "you said you were a gem?" You ask and he stops what he was doing to look at you "yeah, why?" He asks "well we're is your gem?" I ask and a smile forms on his face. He lifted up his shirt and there was a shiny pink rose quartz in his belly button. "This is me. And my mom" you tilt your head at the last part. "Oh yeah. forgot about that" he chuckled. For a half hour, he explained how after his dad met his mom, that his mom and him couldn't both exsist and so she gave up her form to become who Steven is now.
"Sorry" he chuckled nervously " it's a lot to take in" he says and I shake my head "no, it's alright. I get it" I say and he looks at me with a little bit of shock "really? Most people have no idea what I'm talking about most of the time. " He says and I give a smile "anyways, what do you want to do?" He asks. I started to think and a idea pops in my head " can I see what you can do?" I ask hopefully and his eyes brightened at my suggestion. "Yeah, ok! Come on!" He says pulling me outside. I smiled as I watch his hair bounce up and down with each step he took.
When he let go he stopped in front of me and puts up his shirt and a pink shield formed out of thin air. Yup. 'Definitely rose' I thought. "Cool!" I say, masking the fear underneath. "And I can also make bubbles! And not just any bubble! A magic bubble!' he says cheerfully as he forms a pink shiny bubble around him and he rolled around me in it and his laughter making me giggle in return.

~steven's pov~

Im so glad this bubble is punk. Otherwise my face would have been ten times as darker of a pink than it is now. Just the way she laughs. No! Stop Steven! She probably doesn't like you back anyways. At least not like that.' I was brought out of my thoughts as (y/n) pushed my bubble around the beach "run little hamster run!" She laughs. I laugh back as I start to run on my hands and feet as if I were in a hamster wheel.
~time skip~

A half hour passed and me and (y/n) sat on the floor with marshmallows on sticks hanging over the fire place? I'm not sure what those are called since it's not really a fireplace. I flinched as something fell on my shoulder and I relaxed as (y/n) was asleep and her head was on my shoulder. 'how am I supposed to pick her up? She is bigger than me- oh wait'  I mentally kick myself as I shape shift so I was taller like I did on my birthday and I carried (y/n) to the couch and layed her down.  Connie Wouldn't mind if she stayed the night.' I thought as I called Connie and told her that (y/n) would be sleeping here tonight. She agreed and I smiled​as i said my goodbyes and I look back at (y/n). Why do I have a strange feeling in my stomach? Is it the marshmallows? I sigh as I put a blanket over her and my face heated up. When I say down on the bed my eyes started to feel heavy as I shape shifted back and I let sleep take me away.