chapter 24

"What are we?"

Your breath caught in your throat. What were you two? Honestly you never really thought about it. You just kind of thought you both were best friends. But oddly enough, it hurt you a little to think of yourselves as that.

"Steven....." you said as you looked at him. He was giving those precious baby eyes of his. You began to panic. You had no idea on what to say. Not that you wouldn't say it if you knew what he was asking for. But when two humans come together to spend there time together.

'Think (y/n) think.' You told yourself. Then it dawned on you. Connie. She had mentioned someone called her boyfriend. At the time you assumed that was a friend whose name was boyfriend. But now that did sound odd.
But then, almost as if a mini pearl was in your head, a thought popped up. You were a gem. Not saying he wasn't a gem but he was a human as well. You were a full on gem. Not a drop of human DNA on you. The only resemblance being that the shape you were in was one similar to a humans. So, that meaning, steven would die much before you. And that. Right there, made your metaphorical heat break.
"Steven..... " you said, looking back at the said boy, grabbing his full attention, your tone not helping his worried expression. " I....I want to be with you. I do.....I just...dont know.how this will work out. i mean...you'll grow old and die much before me.....and I'll still be here, as if I never grew a day older." You said.
Steven began to think for a few seconds. But you did not expect him to smile after the information you gave him. Gently, steven placed a hand on yours " (y/n). I'm half gem and half human. I'm pretty sure my life doesn't end when I turn a hundred. Besides.....(y/n).." he said, his cheeks getting red, " even if I only had only a few years to live....i-i want it to b-be with you..." he said a she looked down, his thumb rubbing the top of your hand.

Your mouth was left slightly agape at his words. Never had you expected him to say something like that. But pushing past your astonishment, you smiled, and pushed your lips to his. Steven's eyes widen at first, but then he kissed back. Your lips locking together like a match on two puzzle pieces.
When you both pulled away, you stairs in his eyes and he looked into yours. Soon, you both were just hugging. Your head on his shoulder and his head on top of yours. " I have a girlfriend" Steven whispered to himself. You both closed your eyes, just enjoying each others company. But soon, you felt steven slip away, he steven felt you slip from his hold as well.
Panic began to rise and you opened your eyes. " steven?" You called out as you looked around, but as soon as you called spoke, you heard someone else's voice. It was like......a mix of a masculine and feminine. You couldn't pin point it. "Oh my gosh..." the same voice whispered. You're eyes widened, you didnt just say that, bit you did. " (y/n)....we fused..." it said again."
Wait a minute.....then that had to be steven! Oh man. If you fused....then....it had to be. A flood rushed over you. Stevens memories were flooding into you. When he grew old after a birthday party. When peridot had caught the gems. It was like.....you were him, and he was you.

(New fusions pov)

"Oh my god" I said as I slowly stood up and i hit my head on the ceiling. " ow..." I mumbled as I rub my head. Taking a deep breath I look at my hands, they were a faded pink, that seemed to have a bit of grey. Who am I? I know I'm a fusion....but.....what would my name be.....a rose quartz and a black diamond. " we-er- I, have to tell the gems!"  I say to myself. Moving out of my room, or at least the room I was in, and  I exited the temple.

Soon, the adrenaline kicked in and I yelled out in joy "yeah! Finally a new fusion!" I cheered. Smiling I began to laugh as I ran up to the barn. This was going to be great!

Once I got up at the barn, I saw the rest of the gems and my grin widened " hey guys!!!!" I yelled out. But sadly, the didnt recognize me. As soon as they heard my voice, their weapons were drawn out " who are you?" Pearl demanded, eyes narrowed at me.

Smiling, I shook my head " guys! It's me! Or, us! Steven and (y/n)!" I said. Pearl gasped " oh my. You....you both fused?" She said as she circled you, taking in every detail as she eyed you. " This....this increadible!" Garnet gushed happily. It was just like how she was when Steven and connie fused.
"Now. " Garnet said as she put her hands together and then put them on your shoulder.

"Go. Have. Fun!"