chapter 15

Your POV

"Steven, who is that?" I yell as a gem with greenish hair, three pairs of arms and almost taller than me comes running at us. I scream in fear as I start to run away from the horrific sight. Before I could get an answer, I feel A rope wrap around and send me back. I quickly grab Steven and put him in my hands to protect him from this....thing...

I then felt a punch to my back, sending me forwards. I grunt as I make contact with the ground. I still had Steven in my hands and I put him down gently on the grass to see he had a good cut on his leg. I frowned at it. Whoever This gem was, I will not tolerate it. First they hurt me and now Steven. That's where I have to draw the line.

I growl as I stood up. The gem was just a little taller than me but i diddn't care about that now. I threw a quick lunch and I hit it in the jaw sending it backwards and it fell over. I wasn't surprised at my strength. Besides, Im a diamond after all. It's time I took action like one. I let out a sigh as grey tendrils came out of my back. Four to be exact. I made them grab her feet and threw her in the air. My eyes widen as she blew fire from a mouth Underneath her face. I quickly dodged and did a roll to the side and got back into a fighting stance. I knew I had to stand up for myself but for how long? I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't shatter another gem unless there was no other choice. I'll just hope I have enough strength to do it.

Stevens POV

After y/n let me go, I ran and hid behind a large rock. I couldn't stand watching the ones I love fight. I could hear it though. Even if cover my ears. One punch blocked. The next three the other down. One hit here a hit there. I couldn't stand it. It ate away at me. I could stop this. But then again, I Can't. The gems probably hate me. I know things won't be the same after this. It never will.

I sigh as I was taken by my thoughts. I look over the rock I was hiding behind to see them still fighting. Y/n was actually winning. They were both losing breath but every punch that Alexanderite made, y/n Would block it .  Even when she they would shoots fire at her, she ducks and rolls out of the way. I smiled slightly at that. She really did change. She isn't fighting back at all. She's dodging and waiting for them to tire out. And It looks like it's working. Now all y/n had to do was keep going. And I was afraid of how long that would be.

~small time skip~

The fight kept going. Both were winning and losing. But then things went down hill. Y/n started to get slower and slower. And due to that, she didn't doge them as well. Then that's when it hit me. Even though she's a diamond, she's only one gem. Alexanderite was four. My eyes widen as Alexanderite hit y/n with a blast of fire. Y/n fell with a loud hard thud. Alexanderite stood in front of her with a smirk on her bottom mouth. She aimed to fire at her gem and y/n let out a sigh and closed her eyes, excepting defeat.

I growled to myself. There was no way I'm letting her get poofed or shattered. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me and I jumped.

I floated between the two and held my arms out as if that would do anything. "Stop!!" I cried out. I close my eyes and wait for the fire to come and burn me. To come and sear my skin. But it never came. Alexanderites hand all covered it's mouth and smoke started to erupt from her bottom mouth. When she couldn't hold it in anymore, she let go of her mouth and moved her head to the side so it didn't hit me.

After she was done she turned to me. "Steven. Get out of they way." She says and I gulp "n-no! Please! I-I'm s-sorry garnet that I hit you.... i-i Didn't mean to....
But please. She's not as bad as you all say she is! I mean, even in this battle, she didn't attack you and she even allowed you to shatter her..... and I love her......" I say. I could feel a hot liquid running down my chin.

Alexanderite started to Mumble to herself and her form started to break apart. Y/nd eyes widened in shock of what I just did and what Alexanderite was doing. She slowly sat up and I floated to the ground. Tears ran down my face and y/n scooped me up gently. She placed a small kiss on the top of my head "thank you" she whispered and I couldn't help myself. I jumped from her hands and landed on her shoulder and I Hugged her. I hugged her as if she'd vanish. As if, if I let go, that she'll go away.

No one's POV

When Alexanderite unfused, pearl looked at garnet with a saddened expression. "Garnet look" she says, pointing At you and Steven. Garnet turned around and her hard glare softened almost instantly. For she knew Steven was right. For both of these things were true. This was definitely not the diamond she recalled. There was no trace of the old diamond that once was. She sighs and love was clearly an understatement between These two.

Garnet looked at pearl and Amethyst and sighed "let them have there moment....and if she decides to come back to the temple. We won't stop them....... and Steven is not to be severely punished. " She says. Both of them nod and the three gems all he'd back to leave the two in peace.

???'s POV

I growled as I slammed my fist on my chair's armrest. why did they listen to that Steven?! They're the crystal gems! She's a diamond! The ones they're supposed to shatter! Ugh! I mentally screamed at myself as I watched this little charade play out. It made me boil up on the inside. My pearl was Shaking as she stood beside me. Fine. I'll just have to do things myself. Cause now, I have some more gems to shatter........