chapter 17

your pov

I opened my eyes. Something warm was wrapped around me to my right. Steven laid there next to me, his arms wrapped around me and his head nuzzled gently into the crook of my neck. My face heated up and I smiled at him I'm becoming more and more human Every day. I thought to myself.

As I tried to gently get up as to not provoke or wake him but each movement I made, he would only bring himself closer to me. His actions forced me to smile. Maybe be this is the end. Can I really be free from the grasps of.....was is it called?.....oh yeah, from the grasps of death? I sigh and shook my head. The thought was foolish. Life is like a star.....they all have to go out sometime. Some last shorter and some longer. But they never last forever.

You smiled slightly as you removed Stevens arms from you and Sat up. You looked up at the sky. The sun was almost in the middle of the sky so you assume it was around 11 in the morning. I smile as I got up and streach my back, my bone creaking in the process. Sighing I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few times to get the sleep out of them. Steven stirred a little and you froze. Not wanting to wake him from his peaceful slumber.

After looking around to make sure
I would be heading the right way to the temple. Once I confirmed I was on the right path I pick Steven up gently and carried him on my back as I smiled.

Steven POV

I floated around in a black Void. 'Where am I? Is this the same thing that happened when lapis was fused with Jasper? But jasper's gone......why am I here?' my thoughts came to a stop. "Steven?" An unfamiliar voice called out. 'who is this? How do they know my name?' "Steven? Steven can you hear me?" It pleaded. "Y-Yes?" I answered ' I mean, what's the worst that could happen? It's just a dream.... right.' I heard them let out a sigh. "Good. I was waiting for a while to get to you" they said. I furrowed my eyebrows a little "who are you? Why do you want me?" I asked.

They took a few seconds before answering as if they were thinking "my name is not important at the moment. I only have a short time before I'm caught" they said 'what do they mean caught?' "listen Steven. You need to be careful with what you do. Make sure you stay near bla- er- (y-y/n). Someone is after her and now you because you are with her. " They said "what do you mean?" I ask " what's going on?" They let out a sigh " I don't have enough time to explain. Goodbye Steven. I'll try to explain later. But for now, you need to wake up" they said.

"Wait!!" I yelled, opening my eyes quickly and I heard a scream. "What?! What's wrong?!" Y/n yelled from under me. I saw that she was carrying me on her back. My face turns red in embarrassment and I chuckled nervously. "S-sorry y/n. Just a dream. " 'it was a dream. Nothing more' I thought to myself. She looked at me a little sceptically but it soon turned to a smile. "I-its ok. I'm just glad nothing really bad happened." She says and I smile down at her. I try to move my legs to get off her but she pulls them back tightly to her sides. "Nope. Sorry Steven, but I am carrying you there" she giggled. "Nooo!" I laugh as I try to get my legs out of her grasp but to no avail. She smiled up at me "do not resist" she says Laughing.

No one's POV

After a little bit, you two had stopped walking and fell to the found. Mostly you hovering over Steven and tickling his side and you Laughing. He tried to crawl away but you dragged him back by his ankles and sat on his back so he couldn't move and tickled him once more. You never understood how humans Laugh at this. Though since he was half Human, this made him have weak spots.

After a while of the little war, you both had caught your breath and got up. You started head back to the temple and walked in a comf silence. No words were necessary to know you were happy with eachothers company. You let out a sigh of content and looked at Steven. His hair bouncing slightly with each step. His Brown, almost black eyes scanning his surroundings probably for the two millionth time. Your (e/c) eyes getting lost in his. How you 'fell', as human call it, was too obvious to you. He was kind, funny, good looking and was in total, a blast to be around. But one thought started cloud your head. What will happen when you go back to your place? Surely, Connie's parents Wouldn't let you stay with them for so long.

You were pulled out of your own little world as Steven looks back at you and smiled "you ok y/n?" He asks. You smiled sadly and shook your head "Steven....I've been thinking" you said nervously as you rubbed your arm. His expression saddened and it hurt you a little too see the smile go away. "Yeah? What's wrong?" He asks. You but your bottom lip nervously. "Well....I sadly can't stay at Connie's apartment forever......I don't want to leave...I mean I could come back next year for the summer, but....." You sigh Shaking your head. "Never mind. It was just a t-" "you could stay with me in the temple!" Steven quickly yelled, surprising both of you. "But...you only have one bed?" You asked. He nods "yeah but I could ask the other gems and we could all make an additional room" he smiled. You couldn't help but let a grin tug on your lips. You side hugged Steven and Smiled "thanks Steven" you say as you pecked his cheek making it heat up. "N-no problem" he says sheepishly. You giggle as you two continue to walk back. But no matter how much Steven tried to push it out of his head, the same question kept coming back.

'......................................Who was that who spoke to him in his dream?'