chapter 4

~ Steven POV
Dream~
I was floating around in a dark black place. It was similar to when I visioned lapis and went in her mind. Except.....there was no lapis. Where am I'?  I thought. I gasped when I saw (y/n) not to far away, and she had her back to me. Why is she here? How is she here? I ask myself. I go to place a hand on her shoulder as I float up to her "(y/n)?" I say cautiously. When she turned around...it was terrifying. Her eyes were made of black, Void like, gems.  She wore a twisted grin as she looks at me. I take a step back as my legs begin to shake. "(Y-y/n?)" I say. She just stands there. Then she raised her hand. Man I wish she didn't. Behind her, stood a tall gem.
It was a diamond. But....it was a black diamond? The gems never told me anything about a black diamond. The black diamond also had a twisted grin but her cloak was covering her eyes, only showing​ her mouth. She reached out her hand and when I took a step back. My vision went black. What's going on?! Soon I heard faint screams and cries. Soon, images of people being killed and gems Being shattered were left and right. Everywhere I turned was another life lost and each time it was caused by this 'black diamond'.
I started to cry in fear and sorrow "s-stop it! Stop it! No more! Make it go away!" I cried "Steven." They were calling my name. "Steven!" Why is this happening?! Make it go away! "Steven!"
~ end of dream~
Are you ok Steven?" Lapis asked as she looks at me and Shaking my shoulders "y-yeah. What are you  doing here?" I ask. Lapis got up and motions towards the couch "we found a human pest in your home. Peridot decided to help get rid of it" she says and I looked over to see (y/n) tied up with rope and peridot had on foot on her. "Peridot! That's my friend! She was staying over!" I say as I quickly untied her. Peridot made a 'O' shape with her mouth and she apologized to (y/n).
~your POV~
I awoke to talking. It sounds like they were outside. I open the door to find a blue gem flying, most likely a lapis lazuli. Another gem, a period.... without her Limb enhancers? Came at towards the house. As thy came to the door, the peridot gasps "lapis! An intruder! Help wake Steven! I've got this!" She says as the lapis nods and goes to where Steven was sleeping. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground. I fell in the ground with a 'oof' and I struggled to get free. "stop struggling intruder!' the period snaps at me. Soon Steven woke up "peridot! Let her go! She's my friend! I let her stay the night!" He says and she quickly let's go of me and Steven runs down the stairs. He unties me and I get up and sigh. Steven explains that they were the part of the crystal gems and were originally from home world.
~timeskip~
After hanging out with the two, I found out that they were pretty cool. It was adorable how peridot got fustrated when she couldn't telepathically pick up a spoon on the first try. Lapis was chill and laid back. Similar to amethyst. Soon I had to go home otherwise I'd be lectured by Connie's mother. And I do not want that to happen again. I almost fell asleep the last time which sent me into another boring lecture. I said my goodbyes and walked back to the house.
Stevens pov
I sigh as lapis left and peridot stayed. The gems warped back on the warp pad. "Heya Steven" Amethyst greets. I smiled back and webt up to Garnet "garnet....I need to ask you something..." I say looking up at her and she looks back down at me "yes Steven?" She says. "Um....uh.....who is Black Diamond?" I ask. All of the gem's eyes widen. "What ?" I ask and even garnet looked a little frightened to tell. "W-why do you a-ask?" Pearl asks looking at me. "I had a nightmare about her...." I say. Garnet looked at pearl "he disserves to know" she says and pearl was about to object but decided to keep her mouth shut. "Alright" garnet says as she sits down and I sit in front of her. "A long time ago.... before we four agenst pink diamond...there was a diamond. She was called Black Diamond. She was stronger than the other diamonds and taller to." She says and I nod in interest. "She was brutal though. She never used her strength to help the diamonds or the earth. " Pearl added. "She always loved to hear they cries of gem and humans alike.....she shattered countless gem and killed many humans. " My eyes widen in fear as I heard what garnet said. "She eventually was overthrown and poofed. But they lost her gem and it was never found. Her or her pearl" amethyst finnished and i shake "don't worry Steven. I'm sure she's not even near here. Even if she was alive, she would be hunted by the other diamonds. They want to shatter her much more" pearl says I nod.
Once I was ready for bed, I let out a long sigh. How could someone do something like that? That's beyond terrible. Why was she in my dream? And......why was (y/n) there?