Galway Girl

A/N: Based on the song Galway Girl by Ed Sheeran as seen in the video above. This was one of the prompts that I was thinking of writing for Harot Fridays for teamSMH last week. But changed to New Man instead. 👀😶

For hdrmd24 💛 I hope you like this version.

//

He was playing with his unplugged electric guitar absentmindedly, his fingers smoothly gliding on the strings and frets, waiting for his other bandmates on the side of the road. They were still inside the bar they just had a gig in, fixing their things and amps, wirings and other stuffs. He was the first one to finish, telling them that he needed air and would just wait for them outside.

He was already inside their van, with the door wide open, his feet clad in old and worn black Chuck Taylor's which tapped along the beat of the song he was composing in his head. He had a lidded plastic cup beside him on the floor, half full of Jack and Coke, the ice slowly melting as he continued with playing, unaware of his surroundings and simply concentrating on the chords his fingers were making.

He didn't even notice when someone approached him, too busy was he with his guitar, his eyes closing as he started to hum a melody under his breath just as a pair of boot clad feet stood in front of him.

He suddenly stopped playing, his eyes opening when he felt a light tapping on the exposed knee his ripped jeans showed. He slowly looked up, finally noticing the knee-high boots in front of him and had to stifle a gasp when he saw who it belonged to.

A siren. There was no other word for it.

Her, he thought - correcting himself in his head.

A siren in knee-high leather boots, mini skirt and black leather jacket. Her hair up in a high ponytail, wisps of it framing her heart-shaped face. Her full red lips were currently in a smirk, as she cocked her head to side and looked on at him.

She seemed familiar to him. Though he racked his brain for any memory of where he might have seen her. Maybe she was one of the audience a while ago? Or a groupie?

No.

She's too sassy-looking to be a groupie. Maybe she's from another band?

She raised a brow at him as he looked on, his gaze heating up as he took notice of her midriff Ramones white shirt, a belly ring peeking through. He had to stifle a groan this time as his thoughts were suddenly of him. And her. And what he could do with that belly ring on her tummy. With his tongue.

Goddamnit.

Chuckling, as if she knew what he was thinking about, she reached out to touch his dropped jaw, outlining his face with a finger, ending at his chin and pushing it up to close his mouth.

"Sara mo bibig mo. Baka pasukan ng langaw," she sassily remarked, the smirk never leaving her lips.

He scratched his head and looked down, suddenly embarrassed at being caught blatantly ogling her while she was standing in front of him, his neck and ears turning bright red like her lips as he bit his lower lip and smiled, his dimple peeking through.

"Cute ka pala talaga, 'no? Lalo na pag malapitan. No wonder, ang dami mong fans kanina," she observed as she took out a pack of cigarettes, offering him one, to which he declined with a small shake of his head. She shrugged and proceeded to light a stick, blowing the smoke upwards before returning her gaze towards him.

He cleared his throat before looking back at her, scratching his head again and mumbling, "Ah, ano... Miss, may kailangan ka ba?"

He finally remembered where he saw her. Especially when she squinted as she took a puff of her ciggie, her red lips closing in on the thin stick. She was the drummer of the other band that played before them. He noticed the drumsticks that were currently strapped on the belt of her miniskirt and remembered how she also sang one song for her band during their set a while ago.