Lifetimes(david x reader) p-1

So this was going to be a story but I decided just to make it into a multi part one shot so here we go.
Also should I start adding titles to my one shots?

I struggled as I packed five grocery bags from my boyfriends car into our apartment.
The only thing was our shared apartment was on the fifth floor.
I let out a loud sigh as I set the bags down in front of the elevator before looking up at the buttons.
Over the row of buttons were the words: out of order.
"Are you kidding me?" I mumbled loudly before picking up the bags again.
"Why don't he ever come and help me?" I said to myself before laughing darkly as I started to walk toward the staircase, "Oh because I'm his 'little helper' and he couldn't do anything without me. Boy if I could leave-" I cut myself off when the milk feel through the bag and hot the floor.
I started to bend over and get the jug of milk when a hand ducked into my view and picked it up for me.
I looked up to see a man with little facial hair and a handsome face, "Thanks."
"You look like your having trouble packing them bags. Do you want me to help?" He asked before adding, "My names David by the way."
"I'm (name) and no it's okay you don't have to help." I said nervously.
I looked up at the clock on the wall and seen that it was 3:23 shoot I was supposed to be home in two minutes or he'll hurt me. But if I let David help me he'll still hurt me if he sees me walking with him.
"Are you sure? I'm pretty sure our apartments are beside each others." He said before taking anther bag out of my hand.
"Yea you can help." I said a smile spreading across my face before it darkened as I looked up at the clock again.
"What's wrong?" David asked as I cussed loudly.
"I'm late." I said before taking his hand and pulling him up the stairs.
"What are you late for?" He asked, his long guys helping him catch up with me easily.
I shook my head and dragged him all the way to my door, "nothin just nothing." I said fumbling with the keys before turning toward him, "You gotta go or-" I was cut off by the door being thrown open.
The door hit me square in the face causing me to groan as I heard my nose crack.
I stumbled away from the door as he stepped out from behind it.
"(Name) who the Hell are you talking to?" Brandon asked, as I dropped the bags and placed a hand on my nose.
"Well why did you drop the bags you idiot?" He asked, rising his hand to slap me but stopped when he saw that David was still standing there, "Why are you still here?"
"I was just helping (name) pack her groceries up the stairs since the elevator isn't working." David explained, sitting the jug of milk down before stepping over to me, "Is your nose okay?"
I looked at Brandon knowing that if I replied with a negative response then I would have to pay for it later.
"It's okay. It just hurts a little but I'm sure it's okay." I said, forcing a smile on my face.
"Pick them bags up and hurry up and come in here. You got fifteen minutes to pick up all this and put it away." Brandon said and I nodded as he walked back in the house.
"He's rude." David mumbled under his voice as I started to pick the bags up.
"He just wants everything his way or he gets mad." I said, shaking my head.
"I know this isn't my place but you should leave him. He's not good for you." David said as I adjusted all the bags in my arms.
I took the milk from his hand before shaking my head, "I can't do that."
I turned around to go back in the house, knowing I had less then ten minutes to do my task now.
"Wait (name) here." David said before slipping a piece of paper in my pocket.
"If you ever need me just call okay?" He asked and I nodded before taking a deep breathe and walking through the door.
I closed it behind me before rushing over to the kitchen and quickly putting all the food away.
I somehow managed to put all the stuff away before taking a seat in the chair across from Brandon.
"You know you shouldn't have been talking to that man. You should've packed all the bags up the stairs your self. You shouldn't have been late." Brandon said, looking from the tv to me.
"I know." I mumbled, looking down at my lap as I fiddle with my fingers, "I just didn't want to drop the milk on the stairs and it explode."
"What ever. I'm going out. If I hear that you've left you know what will happen." Brandon said getting up from his chair.
He walked over to me and slapped me across the face before walking out of the house.
About three hours later, I had loved to the couch and was watching some game show on tv when Brandon came stumbling into the room.
He plopped down beside me and laid his head over on my shoulder.
A second later I heard snores coming from his sleeping form.
When he gets drunk it's the only time he's ever nice to me.