Sunburn David x reader

This is the first one shot over my summer series

This is the first one shot over my summer series. Don't forget to request one if you would like on the summer one shot chapter. Thanks for reading❤️

"Oh calm down David." I said, throwing my phone down on my bed.
"I don't wanna get sunburnt so bad that I'm red as a tomato." He said, his Irish accent thick, from his spot on the bed.
"That's why someone out there invented good ole sunscreen." I said, picking up the yellow bottle of said stuff off of the table.
"I put sunscreen on anyway but it doesn't help. I still get burnt." He said, throwing his arms up in the air in protest.
"Well, I wanna go play volleyball." I said, getting on the bed and crawling over to him.
"Can't we play it inside?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my neck before pulling me onto his lap.
"No." I spoke, leaning forward to kiss him on the lips gently.
Once we pulled away I spoke again, "Put on a long sleeve shirt and some pants then you won't be sunburnt."
"No then I'll die of a heatstroke." He said, laughing lightly.
"I'll put the sunscreen on you if you'll play." I said, kissing him again.
"Fine but can I get something in return?" He asked, a sly smile on his face as he spoke.
"I'll give you a kiss." I said, blushing lightly as he placed both of his hands on my waist.
"That's not enough." He said before capturing my lips with his.
"How about two kisses?" I said once he pulled away.
"Now we've got a deal." He said, chuckling before picking me up and sitting me on the bed beside him.
"I'm going to go change into a pair of shorts and a tank top." He said before adding, "You better put some sunscreen on you too."
"I will mom." I said laughing before getting up off of the bed.
David laughed as he walked into the bathroom, holding a pair of black shorts and a tank top in his hand.
I picked up the spray sunscreen off of the counter before spraying it on my legs.
I sprayed the back of my legs before spraying my stomach and arms.
I somehow managed to forget to spray my back and neck as David walked out of the bathroom.
"Come over here handsome." I said, waving the bottle of sunscreen in front of me.
"I'm coming." He said, making his way over to me.
I started to spray the sunscreen all over his body before I finally finished by spraying some on my hand. I rubbed the sunscreen into his face before patting his cheeks.
"You ready to get beaten at volleyball?" I asked, sitting the bottle back down on the counter before walking over to my closet.
"You mean your ready to get beat?" David asked causing me to smile.
I pulled my volleyball out of my bag before walking back over to David.
About three hours later, we were both walking back into the house.
I was hot and sweaty at this point and all I wanted to do was take a shower.
"I think I'm going to shower." I said, throwing my ball down as I opened my dresser drawers.
"Okay." David said before adding, "I hardly got sunburnt. Only my face is red."
I picked up a tank top and some shorts before looking back st him, "See I told you that-" I cut myself off with a hiss as I pressed my back up against the dresser.
"What was that?" David asked, concern in his voice as he walked over to me.
Before I could even answer he started to laugh, "You got sunburnt."
"Really?" I asked sarcastically, looking back at the mirror to see that my neck, back, and face was all bright red.
"Maybe somebody should've put some sunscreen on." He said causing me to roll my eyes.
"I did..." I said trailing off causing David to raise his eyebrow, "I must've forgot to put it on my back, neck, and face."
"I'll go get the aloe vera." He said before kissing me gently on the lips.
"Thanks Dave." I said before whimpering.
"What's wrong?" He asked, looking back at me.
"My back hurts."
"Maybe next time we'll play volleyball inside." He said causing me to roll my eyes but still I had a smile on my face.
I walked into the bathroom as he left the room and quickly turned on the cold water before stripping off my clothes.
"I hate the sun." I mumbled to myself as I stepped into the shower, the cold water feeling like heaven compared to my hot back.

Word count: 758