Chapter Six

Chapter Six

I threw open the door to Damian's room to find him lying on his bed with his arms tucked underneath his pillow, wearing nothing but shorts. He was asleep. Closing the door quietly, I walked over to the bed, my own pillow in hand, and crawled over his sleeping body to straddle him. He shifted a little and I froze, not wanting to wake him up yet.

When he was completely still again, I raised the pillow and brought it down hard on his head once. He groaned. I hit him again, and again, and again, until I heard him swear.

"Are you fully awake yet," I asked. He groaned out a 'no'. I smacked him with the pillow again. "How about now?"

"Daniel what the fuck do you want?" he mumbled.

Getting off him, I got comfortable on the bed beside him. "I want to go to lunch with my big brother." Honestly, I just didn't feel like being alone right now, and his company was the only one I'd accept.

"What do you really want?" He opened one eye to look at me.

"To not be alone right now," I said truthfully. "Besides, I'm hungry and I want people food not people as food."

Sleepily sitting up, he shoved some of his pillows aside and rubbed his eyes. "Where are we going?"

"Where else?" I asked. We only ever had breakfast at one place and that was Daily Eats. They had the best waffles. "Get up and get dressed. Let's go, go, go!"

"I don't wanna go anywhere," he whined.

"I'll pay for your Mega Melt... if you buy me my cheesy fries," I offered. What he wanted was double the price of what I wanted.

"I want your mozzarella sticks too," he said.

"What kind of deal is that?" I argued, smacking him with the pillow. He laughed.

"Half of your mozzarella sticks then," he offered. "Deal or no deal, brother."

I groaned, laying back against the pillows. "Fine. Deal. Now, get up and let's go. By the time I'm showered and ready, you should be too." I got up and walked towards the door but stopped when something hit my back. I turned around and looked down to see one of his pillows. "You're so childish," I chided, even though I was the same one who decided to sneak into my brother's room while he was sleeping, and wake him up by assaulting him with my pillow.

Before he could throw another one, I was out the door and in my room.

^-^

"My girl is unconscious," I complained. We had gone to lunch, and now it was time for the actual filling part. Damian and I had picked up three girls that were flirting shamelessly with us. I wasn't in the mood, but he assured me that it was going to be fun. Poor girls didn't know what they were in for. "Can we go out or something?" I examined the bloody wound on her neck. It looked painful. She looked pale, lifeless. The once bright green eyes she had were now dull and closed, but she wasn't dead.

Damian and I didn't kill. At least we tried not to unless we had to. Damian had a strong conscience and I don't think, in our centuries of life, that he had ever taken a life. I, on the other hand, had little to no self-control. If Damian wasn't around all the time to keep me in check, I would've gone off the rails and stayed there.

A questioning look overtook my brother's face. "What's stuck up your ass, Daniel?" Damian asked rhetorically. There was a trail of blood at the corner of his mouth and his teeth were stained red with it. "What is wrong with you?"