Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

"Hey mom and dad," I said softly resting my head against the vine covered wall of my family's crypt. "I think I'm doing fine. Everything has just been a little weird lately. I really wish you guys were here. I miss you so much and I'd love your advice right now." I put my feet up on the stone bench.

"Let me start with... Natalia. Well, she and I aren't friends anymore. I guess we were never really friends seeing as it was one-sided. She used me just like Shelby did, and it really hurt but there's nothing I can do. It makes me feel like everyone is going to be that way. Like I can't trust anyone at all because they all want something from me, and when they get it, they're going to leave."

"I started talking to two other girls this week," I said, clearing my throat a little. "Their names are Laura and Kaitlyn and they are awesome. I want us to be good friends but I'm hesitant. I mean, the last two friends I had screwed me over." I sighed and hugged my knees close to my body.

"I don't think I want to do it anymore. I know what you would say, Dad. Only a week ago, I had wanted to stick with it but Mom, you were my inspiration and now that you're gone, I don't think I can do it anymore. I have a meeting in a few weeks and I don't think I want to go to that either." I stretched out my legs and scrutinized my shoes and knee socks. My parents were actors but in her teen years, my mother had been a model.

"Cris is coming out of his shell and, believe it or not, Diego is back. He apologized for leaving and he has a girlfriend named Misti who is really nice. He took over the company like you wanted him to do, dad." Picking up a leaf off the ground and tearing it to bits, I sighed. "Oh, big news! Zayne swings the other way. It was a shocker when he told me. I've never met anyone gay before or... maybe I have but never knew? Anyways, he and his boyfriend live with us now, and he has started college. You two would've been so proud of him right now."

"Damian and Daniel are being super cool. They stuck up for me when I got trashed by Shelby. They might be twins but they're so different. Damian is sweet and charming while Daniel... Daniel is confusing, mysterious. He almost never smiles and treats me like he dislikes me one minute, but he's super sweet the next. I know you two would totally be upset about this, but he's been sleeping in my room almost every night for the past few weeks. He hasn't tried anything, and I think I'm getting to trust him a little but he... he's secretive."

I felt and saw the breeze from outside sweep brighter colored fallen leaves into the small crypt. "I think that's it. I'll talk to you guys soon. I've got a lot of home work to do." I took up my bags and left, walking through the numerous gravestones to get to my car.

Slipping into the vehicle, I started to shake a little and after failing to put the key in the ignition a few times, I did what I hoped I wouldn't do. I sat there and cried. I rested my head against the steering wheel and took deep breaths, squeezing my eyes shut, and biting my lip to keep the tears at bay, but they came anyways. They poured down my cheeks like the ocean was building under my eyelids. When was I going to stop reacting like this? It had been months since they died. But did one really heal from losing both parents?

A knock on my window caused me to jump in my seat and furiously wipe at my eyes before turning to the person. My eyes involuntarily widened when I looked at who was standing outside my window. Instead of winding down the window, I opened the door. He raised an eyebrow at me as if asking me what was wrong but I just got out of the car and closed the door without a word. After studying me for a bit, he went to the other side of my car and got in. I got into the driver's seat.