Chapter 11 +

Chapter 11

June-Junior

[Liam’s POV]

When Niall asked me if I wanted to spend time with him, I should’ve asked how long. My parents apparently knew, because they didn’t looked shocked when I told them I wouldn’t be back until the end of July or near the beginning of August.

Niall and I sat on a plane to Ireland and he was sleeping soundly as I read my book. Honestly, the book was just for show. I had barely focused on a single page as my mind had reeled around all the events that had been happening.

Louis was leaving to Spain this month and Harry is sour. He has been acting out again and apparently Anne is worried. Harry got in a fight with mom and Louis and then threw a vase. It wasn’t aimed at either of them, but the fact he couldn’t control his emotions was still scary. I hated to leave him in such a fragile state, but Louis gave his word he’d watch over him. I thought that was nice, but he needs to remember that Harry can be quite stubborn at times.

Zayn and Perrie were traveling to the states with their families for the break and I admired how devoted Zayn was to his relationship. He’d never brought a girl around his family so that was something new. Obviously Zayn had the most sane life out of the lot of us.

Niall and I are doing alright. I check on him a lot, which he hates, but I have to. So far, to my knowledge, Niall hasn’t hurt himself. He rolls his eyes cause I try not to say ‘cutting’ because it makes me cringe a bit. I don’t know how someone so beautiful could hurt himself so badly.

I sighed a bit as we flew through the air. I was meeting Niall’s family, and I was nervous. Only his brother knew he was gay, but he could still hate me. From what Niall’s told me, however, his brother loves me. I find this very hard to believe, but Niall wouldn’t lie about that.

I looked over at my boyfriend as he cuddled into himself. He looked extremely peaceful, unlike the past few days. His parents have been stressing him out because he chose to go to the wedding. He didn’t dare to tell them he was bringing me, because that would’ve brought a new realm of questions that neither of us were prepared to answer. I understood that Niall needed to come out on his own time so I haven’t really pushed him to take me anywhere with his family around. That’s why this was such a big deal. After the church fiasco, this’ll be my second time outing with other members of the Horan family.

“I can feel you staring at me babe,” Niall mumbled. I felt myself heat up as I realized I had been staring at Niall for quite a bit of time. I cleared my throat and turned my attention towards some random page in the book I had barely been reading.

“Sorry,” I mumbled.

“Nah, it’s alright. I understand I take your breath away,” Niall said as he stretched himself out as best as he could in the tiny space we were in. I laughed a bit at how blunt he was being. Niall lazily opened one eye to look over at me before he shrugged back down in his seat.

“Aren’t you the humble one,” I said as I rolled my eyes.

“I am thank you.”

“Smart ass.”

“Coming from the future valedictorian, I take that as the highest compliment.”

I gave Niall a side glance, but I couldn’t scowl at him for long because he pulled on the most innocent face and I could never be irritated with that.  He was just too cute.

“I’m glad to see you’re up and about,” I said as I closed my book. I didn’t bother to save the page, but Niall was already talking away.

“Yeah, you know, I’ve been tired, but I’m good now! I won’t fall asleep on you anymore.”