Chapter 20 +

Sorry.

Chapter 20

March- Senior

[Niall’s POV]

I woke up early. It was Thursday. What a weird day. Today was the day we would find out if Liam found out if he won valedictorian. I knew he would. He is super smart. I admired that about him.

“Niall?” My father poked his head into my room. I didn’t look at him. I stayed in my bed just looking up at the ceiling.

“Um, are you going to school today?” He asked curiously.

“There is not school today,” I lied. It was a simple lie. I didn’t want to go to school today. I wasn’t feeling like it.

“Really? Well maybe you should go because it’s not like you can afford to get dumber.” He laughed at his own stupid joke and I just stayed still. He huffed and slammed the door behind him on his way out of my room. Well fine then. I waited until I heard the front door slam as well.

I sighed and flipped my phone open and typed out a quick text to Liam.

I’m not feeling well so I won’t be at school today. :( But tell me if you get valedictorian! If you did, then I think an ‘I told you so’ is in order. I love you. So much. xx –Niall

I placed my phone on my bedside table and slowly sat up from my bed. This was going to be a long day. I just knew today was going to be a long day. I had a feeling. I mean, I had the day plan and I was already behind schedule.

I headed over to my desk and pulled out my laptop. I waited for the main screen to open up and that’s when I began to type. I wrote four separate documents, each one holding a special place in my heart before printing them.

I then proceeded to put each document in a separate envelope. I wrote the name for who the letter was to be given to before placing them in a giant manila folder. I wrote on the tab ‘For you’ before placing it on my desk, beside my laptop.

That was a bit tiring. It’s hard to be emotionally drained like that, but hey, life goes on.

Sometimes.

I then went into the bathroom, were I kept all my razors, and I dropped them down the drain. I wanted nothing to do with them anymore. That part of my life was over. I didn’t want people to know about how sick I am. I’m better than that.

Right?

I went downstairs and began to wash the dishes that had been leftover from last night. I think this is a very kind thing to do. Maybe my dad will appreciate it. Maybe he’ll even say thank you. That’d be nice to hear a thank you every once in a while.

After I washed the dishes, I noticed how particularly dirty everything was. It was giving me a nervous tick, so I did what anyone else would’ve done in my situation. I cleaned up the entire house from top to bottom.

It was a filth. I mean, I cleaned whenever my dad told me to, but there was only so much he paid attention to. He would give me basic chores such as washing dishes or laundry, but I went further than that. I cleaned each piece of our silver ware, cleaned grout out of the tiles, scrubbed the vents of the air conditioning units, and so much more.

I cleaned until I felt as though my fingers were about to fall off, but when I was done, the house looked pretty darn impeccable. I think I did a great job.

I smiled to myself as I put away all of my cleaning supplies and made my way back upstairs. It was getting close to noon, so I decided to hop in the shower and scrub my own filth off. Besides, after all that hard work, I was proud to earn a shower.