Chapter 14 +

Chapter 14

September- Senior

[Liam’s POV]

Life was okay right now. I mean, I was worried about Niall, but when don’t I worry about him? We were driving home from school, and he looked downright exhausted. I knew he wasn’t getting sleep, because his nightmares were becoming inconsolable.

Last night, he had a nightmare that made me run into his room and he was thrashing about. I held him until he calmed down and he just broke down on me. My parents have learned to let me deal with the nightmares and I appreciate that they trust me enough to do so. I don’t want to have them be stressed with his problems.

Niall sat silently nest to me, picking the skin around his nails. He obviously looked like he hasn’t been sleeping or eating, but he won’t tell me what his nightmares are about. I know he’s already embarrassed by the fact he can’t sleep on his own, but he needs to realize I just want to help. He shouldn’t be embarrassed.

We pulled into the driveway I noticed a sheriff’s car and another car I didn’t recognize.

“What are they doing here?” Niall whispered. He made no move to get out of the car.

“You know them?”

“That’s my parent’s car,” he whispered. I looked over at him and he was quaking with fear. I held his hand and gave him a reassuring smile.

“It’ll be alright,” I said as we got out of the car. I kept a hold of his hand as we entered my house and I saw my parents crying at the table.

“Mom? Dad?” I went to step towards them until I was roughly shoved against a wall.

“You have the right to remain silent. You Liam Payne are under arrest for the kidnapping of Niall Horan,” and officer said as he placed me in handcuffs.

“What?!” I heard Niall screech. “He didn’t kidnap me! I came here out of my own free will!”

“Since you are still a minor, Mister Horan, your parents have legal guardianship over you,” the officer said as he spun me around.

“For 5 more days! I promise you, Liam and the Payne’s have done nothing but given me a home. Please let him go,” Niall whimpered.

“Sir you need-” But Niall cut him off.

“I bet they didn’t say they hit me did they? You can’t hit a minor,” Niall lashed out. The officer stopped and looked over at Niall’s parents who were standing by the kitchen. I would’ve preferred them outside like the trash they were.

“Well if what you say is true, then this would change things,” the officer said slowly. He released me out of the cuffs and I rubbed my wrists before shooting him a glare.

“Now officer,” Mr. Horan stepped forward and said, “We wouldn’t dare do such a thing. We are a simple family. I am a pastor and my family doesn’t participate in such vile activities.”

“Look sir, I think this is a much bigger problem and honestly, you told me your son was kidnapped. Not that he ran away. That already changes things. Also, if your son is being honest and you did lay a hand on him, then you would actually be facing jail time and community service.”

“I think this has all been a huge misunderstanding officer,” Mrs. Horan said as she placed a hand on her husband’s arm. “We just want our son to come home.”

Niall took a step back and hid behind me a bit. I didn’t blame him. I think his parents were a bit more devious than we thought. They had gone through all this trouble and shaken up my parents who looked scared out of their wits.