Chapter 21 +

Chapter 21

April- Senior

[Liam’s POV]

The days have been filled with planning for the funeral. I was honored that they asked me to help, but I had one request.

I didn’t want to be near Mr. Horan. Not that soulless man. I wanted him dead deep down, but I wouldn’t act on my feeling like that. Even if he was terrible, that was Niall’s dad and I couldn’t hurt the man he called father.

Surprisingly, everyone was okay with that. Even Mr. Horan stayed his distance. He looked more miserable than I did; at least I think he did. He was probably just guilty because he killed his son. He broke his son so badly that he couldn’t go on anymore. I’d like to see someone break him.

I wouldn’t know considering it has been a train wreck lately. Telling Zayn, Harry, and Louis was a disaster. There were so many tears involved and no one thought it was serious until they saw us all crying. That’s when it hit them. I don’t think it’s hit me quite yet that Niall’s gone. I still think he’s going to walk through the door any minute and just snuggle into me and tell me it was all a false alarm.

 Louis flew down and he’s been helping out with almost everything, along with Zayn and Harry, but it’s all a bit surreal. I mean, we had forever.

At least, that’s what he said. That’s what we promised. He broke our promise.

I walked to the window and saw all the people gathered outside for the burial service. I should be out there in a few minutes, but right now, I just wanted to be alone. I just wanted to die really.

“Liam?”

“Go away.” I didn’t really know who it was, but I didn’t want a thing to do with anyone right now.

“Liam, come on.” I turned and saw Mr. Horan standing there with a large manila folder in his hands.

“Go away,” I repeated as I turned my back towards him.

“Look, you may hate me, but you won’t hate what’s in this folder.”

“What?” I spun back around to see him placing the folder on the counter.

“It’s from Niall. I found it in his room when I was cleaning. It’s for you, Harry, Louis, and Zayn. Look, just read for him okay?”

“Okay,” I said softly. Mr. Horan left the room and I picked the envelope. I stared at it for a few moments before taking it with me outside.

It was weird, having someone you love buried in the ground. It was a surreal feeling. So many people were crying, but I couldn’t anymore. I had shed enough tears. Niall would be beyond pissed if I was still crying. I could imagine his cheeks getting that beautiful shade of pink.

I sighed as the sky continued to drizzle. It was just a miserable day.

“Liam?”

I looked up to see Louis kneeling in front of me with a worried look on his face.

“I’m fine,” I said softly. “I just need you, Harry, and Zayn meet me at my house okay?”

“Yeah, we’ll follow you.”

I nodded and got up. I walked straight past people who looked at me funny. They were wondering who I was and what purpose I had there and it only made me more miserable that more people didn’t know about Niall and me. Now I don’t know if I regret it. Not telling people I mean.

I hopped in my car and drove home in silence. It wasn’t too far and I was grateful. I didn’t like driving all that much anymore. I was so used to feeling Niall’s hand in mine and now it just felt empty.