Chapter 5 - Exploring New York City

Schematics for the Fusion plants

As Fury had said, the schematics for the fusion plants had been sent out. They were at the tech level of Earth and it showed. They had made a few changes to ensure they would be save for where they ended up being placed. It was ultimately their gift to the human's. It was their way of showing they meant what they were saying.

~~~

Seeing New York

Since they were in New York, one of the cultural centers of the world, Zane knew Adam would want to be a tourist. He was going to drag one of his camera's along to take pictures of everything. It wasn't much different from when Zane had been there the first time while visiting Jolene. He had taken more pictures than you could shake a stick at. Since it was hot out Zane decided to dress in some shorts, short boots, and a number of his weapons. He had a tank top on and a large loose button up shirt. It concealed the harness which held his large knife and half-staff's for the most part.

Melody wasn't going with since she was curled up with Jonah and they were talking. He figured Simone would come with since they didn't need all of them. Cody and Amber could do what they want and they would trade out later. It would allow him and Simone to do some sightseeing as well. When he walked out of his room he grinned at Adam, "Ready to go and see what sort of trouble we can get into? Since Kat isn't here I'm going to say I did enjoy the first visit other than the smells. Some of the museums were frigging awesome. Didn't like the ride to the statue of liberty but once there the island was enjoyable.

Adam grinned, "I have been ordering from a camera store here for years, and definitely want to go look around, I may pick up some camera gear, since I don't need to worry about duties, due to our diplomatic status. Other than that, central park is what interests me."

"Breakfast and then time to start walking around. Know of several clubs we can hit and do a bit of dancing and enjoy the music. Several museums are wonderful as well or were. There are a few deli's which do wolf sized sandwiches and stuff. Can you say a five-pound burger? Mind you they do have a rule no wolves can eat and win. For a wolf to win it is a ten-pound burger. And eaten by yourself. There is another place with a five-pound burrito. Ate at both and damn good eats." His eyes became slightly vague as he was thinking back. Both places had been damn good.

Adam grinned, "Well, if there is several, why are we sticking around here for breakfast. I am sure there is places that do wolf-sized breakfasts!" He was glad that the UN was paying for their expenses of all the meals, but they might come to regret it, with how much their group could eat.

Adam's comment made Zane laugh, "There are and shall we? I feel a breakfast burrito coming on." Simone elbowed him for that but he knew she was thinking much the same.

~~~

Simon and his human kids

Simon had finally decided he did need to talk to some of his kids. He had been gone for many years, close to 20 and had talked to them via VM and e-mail for the most part. He wanted to talk to them and let them know he was still there and even more so they knew he had more children. He missed talking to his family and knew they would like to see him. Since he wasn't needed aboard the ship or at the U.N. he asked to be sent down to the nearest Enclave to one of his kids. When he arrived at the Redding Enclave he was met by Silent and Dark Storm. He gave them a good hug, "Need a vehicle. I'm going to go and visit my kids on this coast and their families. I know that they are going to have problems so I have my Liraque with me."

Speedy nuzzled his hair and neck, "Be there for you Simon. I'll help all of you with the emotions." She had been keeping tabs on his kids even if he didn't realize it. They were all doing well and certain positions had been made available to those who wanted it. Simon and Ray hadn't realized just how much attention had been paid to their closest family. The same went for all the other humans on the various Folician worlds. The Goddess and Pack Lord had made it clear they were to help their families as much as possible.