ni

[unedited]

"Bye bye! Thank you for having me." Akurei waved at the family. Itachi offered to take her back home but she refused, reassuring them she could teleport straight home. 

Fugaku still hadn't come home yet but Mikoto assured her that it was a usual thing.

"Good luck and see you next time." Mikoto kissed her forehead and Akurei hugged her tightly.

"Akurei-chan! I'll beat you next time!" Sasuke shouted from Itachi's back and she giggled at his bandaged ridden body.

"Sure sure, Suke. Good night, Mikoto-san. Till next time." She bowed and they waved as she teleported back home.

Blinking her eyes to adjust to the house in front of her, she walked up to the door and opened it, immediately seeing Kakashi sitting on the couch.

"You're late." He scowled and she looked down, drawing circles into the wood with her foot.

"Sorry, Shi-nii. I came across a black cat and had to go the long way." She lied and he rolled his eyes.

Kakashi had his headband off, but kept his black mask on. Truth be told, Akurei had never seen his full face, despite living with him.

"Go shower. Then sleep." Kakashi ordered and she nodded before walking to her room. Kakashi wasn't normally this cold but when he was, it hurt. Jokes, Akurei couldn't get hurt. Kakashi was young and he wasn't expected to be the perfect father figure.

She couldn't cry, be angry, be happy, or sad. She was literally the walking definition of emotionless and happened to be... special, not being able to express emotions, nor pain.

Akurei stepped into the shower, the warm water rushing over her small body. She was only 5 yet so much had happened to her. Her parents worked together in a team they wouldn't tell her about but one day, when her mother was off for a day, her father apparently died in action. Akurei's mother grew hatred towards her and in fact, blamed her for being born - for being her.

She then committed suicide out of depression and misery, giving Akurei no choice but to become a fully trained ANBU within 3 months. The green haired girl didn't really know anything about her family, and neither did anyone else. All she knew was that the Hokage wanted to keep it a secret - and she decided to let it go.

For now.

After scrubbing her body clean and washing her hair, she wrapped a fluffy towel around her and waddled out, her baby hand struggling to reach up to the door handle.

"Here." Kakashi's voice said and his fingerless gloves opened it for her. She gave him a nod and walked in, he following.

"It's cold today so wear warm clothes." Kakashi suggested and Akurei nodded again, pulling out her pyjamas. Kakashi helped her put it on and picked her up, holding her tightly to his chest.

"Well done today, Akurei. Proud of you." Kakashi mumbled and Akurei smiled, a natural instinct.

"Thank you, Shi-nii." She replied and yawned.

"Let's go to bed." Kakashi murmured and carried the little girl to their bed, laying her already sleeping body down. He tucked the sheets over her and climbed in, wrapping a protective arm over her.

"Goodnight, little demon." Kakashi whispered and soon followed after his daughter.

-

"Akurei, wake up!" Kakashi gasped and Akurei jolted awake, scared shitless.