nijuukyuu

so. hello. it's been a century since i've updated and i'M SoRry

but 677 views??!?!!!?!!? that's craZy iNSANE

thank you so much and i hope you've all been safe during this time - and i hope you all are still interested in this! as incredulous as this sounds, i do plan on editing this whole thing once it's done! also, this book is sososo close to finishing before the second book of this sequel is to be released so yeet

but for now, thanks again and enjoy :)
- azure
_____________________

Akurei felt her legs tremble and shake from the speed and rate she was running at.

"Yami wait!" She heard Naruto's loud voice but she only ran faster. Until she felt his already immense chakra increase.

She whipped her head around and saw Naruto's whiskers on his face bolder, thicker and harsher. His canines had elongated and his pupils slit like a cat's. She gulped at the monstrosity and saw sunlight grow brighter as they neared the edge of the undergrowth into a clearing. Akurei saw the henchman with Sasuke in the barrel land in the grass.

Naruto quickly overtook her and burst out from the trees, jumping high up into the air and landing in front of the white haired man with a thud. He didn't land on his two feet, but on his fours like a fox.

"Hey!" He snapped viciously and the henchman emotionlessly stared at him, flicking his gaze up as Akurei nimbly landed next to Naruto.

"Now... how should I cook these two..?" He murmured and Akurei snickered.

"You sure about that?" She taunted and man narrowed his eyes.

"You are the second one Orochimaru-sama is after no? Did the Four fail to retrieve you?" He frowned and she smiled beneath her mask.

"Yup. You guys sure suck." She commented and the man's eyebrow twitched the slightest bit.

"What does Orochimaru want? Why is he after Yami and Sasuke?!" Naruto demanded.

"Orochimaru-sama has completed the jutsu of immortality. In order to acquire all of the jutsu and the world, he needs time." The man relayed and Naruto bared his teeth.

"What does that have to do with them?" He snapped.

"Immortality doesn't necessarily indicate the immortality of his body. He must replace his body with a newer and stronger one before his current one succumbs." The man continued and Akurei rolled her eyes.

"Basically, the perv wants to steal Sasuke or my body as a container and remain alive." She explained and Naruto's eyes widened in fury.

"That's what they're for?" He shouted and the man got into a fighting position, a white bone sticking out of his palm.

"Yes. Exactly." He replied and Akurei felt Naruto's chakra emanate in tidal waves, overwhelming Akurei's own.

"I won't let you do such a thing!" He roared and got his hands in the Shadow Clone Jutsu hand seal. Suddenly, more than a thousand Naruto's appeared, all in the same state as the original. The man turned his head and observed he crowd.

"Interesting..." He murmured and Akurei cleared her throat.

"And your name is..?" She raised an eyebrow and he set his glazed gaze onto her.

"Kimimaro." He simply said and Akurei flickered her green eyes onto the barrel behind him.

"I won't let you take Sasuke, or Yami." Naruto ferociously growled and Akurei inched away from the blond.