juuichi

[unedited]

(a/n: long chapter ahead)

"Want me to come with you?"

Kakashi hesitated before nodding his head.

"Well, at least I think it's time." Kakashi muttered and sighed. Akurei nodded and smiled softly.

"Okay. Need me to carry anything?" She offered and he shook his head.

"No. It's fine. Let's go." He lifted his hands and they both teleported to their destination.

Kakashi's heart felt heavy as he scanned the landscape and his legs moved on their own in muscle memory. The amount of times he's done this for his body to memorise it - it saddened him.

"Follow me." Kakashi murmured and Akurei nodded, timidly trailing after him. She observed her surroundings as Kakashi lead her through specific paths until they finally stopped.

"Rin. Remember the girl I've been telling you about for a while now? Well I've bought her with me this time. Rin, this is Hoshi Akurei my daughter and the last of the Chinoike Clan. Akurei, this is Rin Nohara  former teammate and friend, and former Jinchuuriki to the Three Tailed Beast." Kakashi 'introduced' and Akurei stiffened, bowing her head in respect.

"Hello, Rin-san." She greeted and got on her knees, bowing again. Kakashi was quite shocked by the act. She took a bundle of flowers off Kakashi and placed it on Rin's grave.

"I'll leave you." Akurei nodded and walked off. After a few minutes of sitting under the tree waiting for Kakashi, he called her over and told her there was one more. For some reason, it made her think twice about her about her mission.

"Obito. This is Hoshi Akurei. Akurei, Obito Uchiha. Former teammate and close friend." Kakashi said and Akurei looked at the stone.

"Hello, Obito-san." She bowed and placed the flowers on the grave, once again leaving Kakashi.

Come to think of it, Akurei remembered that her parents should be here too. She faltered her step and stopped, looking down. Glancing back and seeing Kakashi still respectfully bowing his head, Akurei took the chance to go find her parents.

She slowly walked between each path and looked for the Chinoike Clan. Akurei finally tumbled upon it and of course, there was only one grave and in the very back corner. The Chinoike was after all, not part of the Hidden Leaf. Nonetheless, on the Land Of Fire.

Chino Chinoike.

Akurei looked down and bowed her head.

"Hey. Mom."

-

"You're late!" Naruto and Sakura shouted at the same and Akurei yawned.

"Good morning!" Kakashi cheered and they scowled.

"And why are you with him, Yami-chan?!" Naruto pointed and she shrugged.

"I was visiting someone and he happened to be there too." She replied and Kakashi nodded.

"Quite a surprise if you say so." He smiled and walked away.

"Come on. Let's get this training over and done with." He groaned.

They followed their leader and Kakashi stopped at three tree stumps, placing a clock on the middle.

"Okay. It's set for noon." He informed and clicked the alarm switch.

"Here are two bells. Your task is to take these away from me before time's up. Those who don't have a bell by noon, gets no lunch and I'll not only tie you to one of theee stumps, but eat right in front of you." He told them and everyone narrowed their eyes at their sensei in hate.