sanjuuni

Akurei woke up to the feeling of her blood flowing steadily. She opened her eyes and felt her breath hitch when she saw green eyes staring right back down at her.

The same eyes as her.

She looked away from them and observed the room, noticing Tsunade also leaning over her.

"Who're you?" Akurei asked the unfamiliar person and sat up, shocking the man.

"Sanguis Naibu. Nice to meet you, Hoshi." He smiled and she looked at the Fifth, picking up the Hokage's slightly guilty face.

"Right back at you, Sanguis... what happened?" She stared into those green eyes and he hummed.

"I completed a blood transfusion. You now have your rightful kekkei genkai." He replied and the Fifth's face lit up with shock.

"Kekkei genkai?" Tsunade echoed and the stranger nodded.

"I failed to inform you earlier and I apologise. The blood transfusion I conducted on Hoshi can only be performed by a kekkei genkai user of our clan. Though there are risks such as not having the same blood type as the user, blood clotting could fatally harm the victim, but the result is that they gain our kekkei genkai. Blood Release." Naibu explained and Akurei looked down at her hands.

'So that explains it... welp I have fucking two kekkei genkais.'

"I'm sorry, but who exactly are you?" Akurei asked and Naibu softly smiled.

"I am a guard from Hoshigakure, Land Of Bears." He introduced and Akurei nodded slowly.

"Did you know my father?" She whispered and he sighed.

"I believe our fathers did, but I did not. I heard that he moved to Konoha to raise a young girl with a woman outside our clan but you see, that raised a lot of problems. Us Hoshigakure's are proud and set on keeping the law and bloodline." He explained once again.

"I see..." She murmured.

"Hoshi Yami." She stuck out her exposed right hand and noticed him stare at the faded scars before clasping it.

"Yami. It suits you." He politely smiled and she smiled back.

"Thank you for saving me." She bowed her head and he nodded.

"My pleasure. But I do have one question." He said and Tsunade frowned.

"What is it?" Akurei chirped and Naibu smirked.

"Will you come back to Hoshigakure with me?"

No sound came from the three, only the sound of the heart monitor beeping in the air. After a few minutes, Akurei sighed as she looked straight into Naibu's eyes.

"Forgive me, Sanguis-san but I have a responsibility and duty to fulfill here in Konoha. Though my father was originally from Hoshigakure, I was born and raised here... but, I will try to keep in contact with you." She apologised, bowing down deeply. The stranger sighed in disappointment.

"Of course, that is reasonable. Thank you, and please do. I'd love to teach you our clan's history. Goodbye Hoshi, and hope you have a smooth recovery." Naibu farewelled and she nodded, waving as Tsunade escorted him out. Not before the female Hokage shot her a look.

'We'll talk later.' It said and she scoffed, nonetheless saluting before falling back onto the bed.

'Two kekkei genkais eh? And Hoshigakure? Man how bothersome... I'm really starting to doubt my origin... why did I think that dad came from Hoshigakure? I thought he was from Kirigakure... if so then why do I have exactly the same eyes as Sanguis-san? What if... I have nothing to do with Hoshigakure...' She mentally conversed with herself.

While she questioned herself, she didn't hear the door open and close. A thump reached her ears as something small landed on her stomach.

"Pakkun! I've missed you!" She giggled and hugged the brown dog close to her chest. Pakkun wheezed and scrambled against her tight grip, growling at her when he escaped.

"Don't lie to me brat." He pointed his paw at her and she rolled her eyes.

"I really have." She argued and the dog kept his disinterested look on.

"Lying is bad for you."

"Fine. If I were a normal person I would've. Better?" She retorted and sat up, poking Pakkun's nose. The dog scrunched his nose up and bit her finger. He sighed when he remembered her condition.

"Well I do admit it has been a while but still." He huffed and she stared at the blood dripping down her finger before shoving it back into Pakkun's mouth.

"You made me bleed. Lick it up you meanie." She pouted and he spluttered before giving up, tentatively licking the blood away. Akurei giggled at the soft tongue and pet his head, the dog swatting her hand away.

"Brat. Kakashi's been worried sick about you." He growled and she cocked her head to the side.

"Then why didn't he come see me?" She questioned.

"Because he was helping the Hokage discuss issues with Uchiha Sasuke. He sent me to see if you were okay." He replied and she huffed.

"Well I'm fine. Thanks Pakkun." She hugged him again and he sighed, giving up at this point. He didn't deny that he was relieved though.

"Glad you're okay, brat." He muttered spitefully and she laughed.

"Thanks, dog."

She stared out of the window and scanned Konoha, her hometown and life. How so much had changed during these years, no, how much everything around her had changed. Hoshi Akurei, she hadn't changed at all. She was still the same as the day she was born.

The same as a blank page.