nijuuni

[unedited]

- one month later -

"Man I'm drained~" Akurei blew out and fell back onto the dirt pillar.

"Hn." Sasuke replied with his hands in his pockets.

"Are you guys ready? We're already twenty minutes late." Kakashi said and Akurei sprang up.

"Twenty minutes late?! Kakashi what were you thinking? Let's go." She demanded and he chuckled.

"Good luck and keep your opponents in mind. Let's go." He nodded and teleported them to the location of the chunin exams.

-

A single leaf slowly swayed down, grabbing Naruto's attention. Suddenly, the lone leaf turned into many and swirled around in a mini tornado, revealing the three anticipated people.

"Sorry we're late." Kakashi smiled and the proctor smirked.

"Your names?" He asked the two genin and they looked up, dead straight into his eyes.

"Uchiha Sasuke."
"Nora Yami."

"Ha how late can you guys be? I was beginning to think you weren't showing up cause you were too afraid to fight me!" Naruto snickered and Akurei pat his blond hair.

"Oh forgive me, Naruto-sama." She lightly teased and he grinned.

"Heh don't get too worked up, you total moron." Sasuke smirked.

"From your excitement, you won your first round?" He asked and the blond nodded.

"Of course." He replied and Akurei cooed.

"Wow good job Naruto~" She congratulated and heard Kakashi sheepishly chuckle.

"Well. We showed up all flashy and all but, could Sasuke and Yami have been... disqualified..?" He rubbed his head and Genma, the proctor, shook his head.

"Geez your tardiness must be contagious." He sighed.

"See. You're late guys." Kakashi commented and both of them glared at their teacher.

"So what is it?" Kakashi asked.

"Don't worry. We pushed Sasuke's fight right till the end and coincidently enough, Yami's is on right now. They haven't been disqualified." Genma reassured and Yami jumped up.

"Alright alright! Let's get this party started~" She cheered.

"Ahaha that's good that's good..." Kakashi grinned.

"Right. Nora Yami and Dosu Kinuta. Please step forward." Genma ordered and the Sound nin emerged from the darkness of the entrance.

"Good luck Yami!" Naruto shouted as he ran up.

"Don't go overboard." Sasuke sighed and she rolled her eyes.

"I agree with Sasuke." Kakashi added and she watched her team walk up the stairs.

"Go Yami!" She heard Sakura's voice from the stands and she pretended to wipe away tears.

"I feel so loved." She sniffled and Genma snorted.

"Are you ready?" He asked and Akurei turned serious.

"Then, begin!"

Cheers erupted from the stands and Kinuta, the Sound nin, threw a punch at her. Akurei knew that even dodging still within range could potentially damage her so she ducked and charged at him, jumping up and kicking at his head. Her foot collided and Kinuta flew away with a grunt, throwing another sound punch along the way.