juugo

[unedited]

"You want me to wait with the team this time?" Akurei raised an eyebrow and Kakashi nodded.

"You were the one who wanted to keep things to a minimum." He reasoned and she grumbled.

"Well, someone needs to keep you in line." She muttered and he scratched his head.

"Just... hurry up." He pushed her out of the door and she sighed.

"Tch. So bothersome~" She yawned and walked towards their meeting place.

"Heyo~" Akurei waved at them and they all grew tick marks when she approached. Birds chirped and insects softly hummed, warm air engulfing the civilians of Konoha.

"You're late!" Naruto and Sakura shouted and Sasuke simply sighed.

"Sorry. My little brother smashed pottery and I had to stay behind and clean it." Akurei lied with a closed eye smile.

"You're lying! You don't have a family-" Sakura started and Akurei nodded. Naruto and Sasuke glared at her, daring her to continue.

"That's right. I don't. Great observing, Sakura but you should use that to, learn a jutsu or two." Akurei repeated Sasuke's words and a small tick mark appeared on her forehead.

Stifling silence and tension hung heavily in the air, the only sound being Akurei's mindless humming.

"Morning people! Today I got lost on the road of life!" Kakashi greeted as he suddenly appeared on top of a street lamp post. He jumped down after noticing the tense atmosphere and stood next to Akurei, who was still humming with her mocking smile.

"What did you do?" He questioned and she turned to him.

"This is what happens when you tell me to go first, Kakashi." She replied and he sighed.

"Well, anyway. This is sudden but I've nominated you guys for the chunin selection exam." Kakashi informed and everyone looked up.

"What did you say?!" Sakura shouted.
"You think that makes up for-" Naruto accused but got cut off.

"Here are your applications." Kakashi held out four pieces of paper.

"Ah Kakashi-sensei I love you!" Naruto shouted and hugged the silver haired jounin.

"Hey stop let go of me." He replied grossly and Naruto giggled.

"Though this is just a nomination, whether you you want to take this exam is up to you." Kakashi explained and they nodding in understanding.

"Those who wish to take it should sign those papers and turn them in at room three-oh-one by four pm tomorrow. That is all." He finished and flashed away.

"Yup I'm going too. Bye~ oh and Sakura?" Akurei tapped the girl on the shoulder.

"What?" She growled though guilt shown through her green eyes.

"I'm sorry." Akurei said as her face fell.

"H-huh?"

"I'm sorry for being mean to you but, that doesn't mean I'll be treating you any different. This is who I am and it's up to you if you wanna see a change. Anyways. Bye~" Akurei waved and flashed away.

"Come on Sakura-chan!" Naruto called her, snapping her out of her trance.

"O-oh. Yeah." She murmured and walked alongside them. Sasuke observed her out of the corner of his eye.

"You should take those words into consideration." He commented and Sakura's head snapped up.

"Oh. Maybe." She whispered and Sasuke humphed.