shi

[unedited]

Guilt and shame washed over the 18 year old as he sat down and gripped his hair. The crack, the whimper, the body slamming into the tree because of him. It kept replaying and Kakashi's heart felt like someone was squeezing it, slowly crushing it.

And finally, after what it seemed like an eternity, a familiar giggle reached Kakashi's ears and he shot up, seeing his little green haired girl standing at the doorway holding Hiroshi's hand.

"Akurei!" Kakashi sighed in relief and gathered her up into his arms, squeezing her gently.

"What's wrong Shi-nii?" Akurei innocently asked and he pulled back, staring into her green eyes.

"I could've killed you." He murmured and she giggled, patting his head.

"I won't go down that easily. I'm all fixed now, Shi-nii. Thank you." She hugged him and Kakashi smiled.

"We're not doing that again." He warned and she pouted.

"But that was fun." She whined and he scowled.

"No." He dead panned and picked her up, turning to Hiroshi.

"Thank you, Hiroshi-san. What... happened?" Kakashi questioned as he looked down, Hiroshi clearing his throat.

"She had a broken collar bone but our trained medical team healed that quickly thanks to you. She also had quite sever internal bleeding and a higher blood pressure than usual but apart from that, all was good. She's completely healed now so don't worry, though I suggest a good rest." He reported and Kakashi bowed slightly.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for all the trouble." He mumured and Hiroshi placed a hand on Kakashi's shoulder.

"It's okay. It must be hard for an eighteen year old raising a special child. Feel free to come back whenever and check up just in case. I have to go treat another patient so till next time, take care." Hiroshi smiled and walked down the hall, waving. Kakashi waved back and stared at Akurei, who had fallen asleep.

Her short green hair framed her quite chubby face and dirt and sweat stuck to her along with blood. Kakashi sighed and felt his stomach still uneasy from the harm he inflicted upon her. Quickly teleporting back to the training grounds, he picked up their stuff and spotted the snapped tree with a grimace.

He teleported back home and chucked their dirty clothes into the laundry before cleaning their equipment and placing them in their respectful places. Kakashi washed Akurei and tucked her into bed, looking at the time. It was 8.49 PM and he sighed again deciding to take a shower in the meantime.

After he was done, Akurei was now splayed all over the bed and had the blanket tossed over the side of the bed. Kakashi sweat dropped and fixed the bed sheets again, walking out and settling on the couch. He pulled out Icha Icha Paradise and kept a wary eye on the door, making sure to catch Akurei if she came out.

3 hours passed before she appeared in the doorway, yawning and rubbing her eyes.

"Shi-nii..." She murmured and Kakashi tucked his book back into his pocket, opening his arms wide. Akurei jumped into him and hugged him tight.

"Do I have to go?" She asked and he sighed, nodding.

"Yes. We don't want to anger Danzo-san again." He replied and she nodded slowly, climbing off him and sitting on the bed as she drew circles into the cover with her forefinger.