New Start?

**Hey Wednesday!!

Dongsan Medical Center—Dongsan-do, Daegu 56 12:48 PM

Jimin lifted his head as he heard a quick knock on his door; looking toward the sound, he noticed a slightly older man entering the room. He was an attractive brunet with dark brown-colored eyes and a lean, toned frame. The other man smiled slightly at him as he reached out a tanned arm to shake Jimin's hand; Jimin noticed that the other man's hand was surprisingly soft but firm. "I'm Dr. Kim. Kim Taehyung," He advised fluidly, as he sat down next to the bed on one of the visitor's chairs. "I understand Nurse Song has taken it upon herself to name you," He added with amusement.

Jimin found himself unexpectedly blushing at the other man's pointed stare. He took a few seconds to calm himself before verifying, "Yeah—she thinks I look like a Shim Jaemin, whatever that means." He found himself smiling back at the other man, despite his predicament. For some reason, this stranger resonated with him somehow and gave him a puzzling sense of déjà vu. Registering that in the back of his relatively empty mind (at least when it came to his memory), he tried to concentrate on what the doctor was saying.

"I'm actually a resident here," Dr. Kim explained.

"I'm assigned to do rounds for patients from the emergency room. I have ordered a CAT scan and MRI of your brain to try and hopefully pinpoint the cause of your memory loss. I have also asked one of our neurosurgeons, a Dr. Kang, to consult with me on the results of your tests. With your permission, I will go ahead and schedule the two tests for later today." Dr. Kim peered at the patient with interest; not only because of the relative rarity of his medical condition, but also if he was honest with himself, because he was unexpectedly attracted to the brown-haired, light brown-eyed man staring back at him intently listening to his every word.

He deliberately pushed his personal feelings aside and tried to concentrate on his conversation with his patient, He reminded himself.

"If you're okay with that strategy, Mr. Shim, I will need your signature on these consent forms." He reached out his clipboard to steady it for the other man to sign; as their hands brushed against each other, the doctor felt a slight jolt of electricity pass between them. Clearing his throat as his patient signed the form under his pseudo name, he nodded his head slightly in satisfaction.

"Good," He replied, as he stood up to make initial preparations for the tests. "As soon as I get the results, I'll come back up to discuss them with you. Mr. Shim," He acknowledged, nodding, as he turned and walked briskly out of the room.

What the hell is wrong with me?, He wondered. He never had that reaction to a patient before. He shook his head in an apparent attempt to erase the brief surge of electricity he had felt earlier when they had accidentally touched before he sought out Nurse Song to instruct her to schedule his patient for his tests.

Park Sunmi's condo—Daero 창원대로, Busan 371

Jungkook stood tentatively at the door to Sunmi's condo before he drew a deep breath and let it out. Knocking, he waited anxiously for her to open the door. After several seconds, he heard a lock being slid back before the door opened; Park Sunmi's red-rimmed eyes mirrored Jungkook's own as the two wordlessly embraced at the entranceway for several seconds before Jungkook sighed and broke their hold.

Sunmi reached up both of her slender hands, so like Jimin's, to tenderly cradle Jungkook's cheeks. She gently used her thumbs to wipe away tears that had abruptly freed themselves from his eyes; once he had locked eyes with his lover's mother, he was now helpless to prevent them from falling.