It's Like Magic

*The Weekly Updates! Delivery just for you and don't pay attention to the media above lol

Taehyung's Apartment—Daebong-ro, Daegu 260; Early Friday Evening

"Hey," Taehyung said in greeting as he arrived back at the apartment carrying a couple bags of takeout food from the deli down the street. "Ready to eat?," He called out. "Hope you like sub sandwiches," He added as he dropped the food down on the counter and turned to look for the other man, who had not answered him yet.

"Jaemin?," Frowning a little, something caught his eye as he walked over toward the kitchen table covered with newspapers. On top of the table was a still-drying piece of canvas painted in dramatic, somber shades of navy blue, burgundy, gray, and dark green. Even without a trained eye, it wasn't hard for Taehyung to denote the angry, roiling strokes that were used to paint the abstract work. Despite the sobering tone of the piece, however, it was absolutely stunning; the painting seemed to almost suck you into its vortex of emotion and was breathtaking in its intensity. As he continued to study it, Taehyung's eyebrows rose in acknowledgement of the extreme artistic talent his very troubled roommate possessed.

"Jaemin?," He called out again, now starting to become a little concerned as he noted how quiet the apartment was. He was somewhat relieved, however, when he observed that Jaemin's bedroom door was closed; perhaps he had simply gone in to take a nap. He knew the other man had not been sleeping well at all since he had come to stay with him. Creeping silently toward the door, he softly opened it and peered inside. The younger man was lying on the bed on his side, facing toward him and almost in a fetal position. He was not, however, sleeping peacefully. Rather, his face was contorted in apparent pain and sadness and he was mumbling mainly incoherently as his body began to thrash from side to side.

Only bits and pieces of what Jaemin was saying could be understood by the other man; he thought he heard him muttering 'I don't want to' in between more nonsensical ramblings as the younger man continued to almost violently shake and turn from side to side now, his brow breaking out in a cold sweat and his clenched fists gripping the sheets.

"Jaemin," Taehyung called out softly at first, trying to rouse the other man from the throes of his nightmare. He walked closer to the bed and repeated the other man's name, this time more loudly. "Jaemin, wake up!," He commanded. The man, however, appeared to not hear him, as he continued to moan in his sleep and a jumble of words continued to escape his lips.

Finally, Taehyung sat down on the side of the bed and reached over to grasp Jaemin's shoulders firmly in an attempt to stop the slender body from thrashing back and forth. "Jaemin!," He called out loudly. "You're having a bad dream—wake up! It's Taehyung. Come on, Jaemin—wake up!," He repeated. Jaemin's legs reached out now, seemingly trying to fight back against the other man's hold on him. "Let me go!," He cried out in his sleep, as his hands reached out, also, to try and rail against the brunet.

"Jaemin!," Taehyung yelled louder now, becoming extremely concerned in light of the other man's fragile state. "Wake up!," He shook the other man strongly now, as Jaemin cried out abruptly and bolted upright in the bed, his eyes flinging open in terror before they finally focused on the other man. His breathing came out in deep pants as he tried to still his rapidly-beating heart.

Taehyung continued to grasp the other man by his shoulders, more gently now, as the slender one's breathing slowly returned to a more normal rhythm. "Are you okay?," Taehyung asked him, his eyes full of concern as he looked at Jaemin intently, his hands now slowly rubbing the other man's shoulders absentmindedly.

"What happened?," Jimin asked him, confused, his eyes still clouded over with sleep.

"You were having a nightmare," Taehyung informed him. "You were thrashing around like there was no tomorrow, and mumbling all kinds of things, mainly words I couldn't understand. The only thing I really could hear you say was something about you didn't want to, or at least that's what it sounded like. Whatever you were dreaming about, it certainly wasn't pleasant. Do you remember any of it?," He asked the other man as he studied Jaemin's pale face and clammy, perspiring forehead.